“Would not kennel my dog here”
Review of Stagecoach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carlsbad
Stagecoach Inn
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Was told over the phone 65.00. When I arrived it was changed to 100. Room had a over powering smell of pinesol to the point of nausa. Bathroom fixtures brokin away from walls. This place is a complete dump. If you choose to stay here remmber you were warned.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank chasmoucho
There are newer reviews for Stagecoach Inn

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

So I have two toddlers and we are visiting my husband so we are here for more than a week. We were at motel 6 and the pool wasn't open (even in 100 degree weather) and the girls got so bored. We switched to stagecoach and we love it. I take my kids and puppy to park and they have a blast. I sit on the bench swing and watch them play. Their pool isn't open either which I wish was but I think they're doing work on it. I'm not too sure. Anyways, the bathtubs (bottom floor of tub) I don't care for and I think need work (bc my toddlers take baths). There is a plug socket that I took a pic of that wouldn't be such a big deal but is very unsafe for kids. It still works and doesn't shock or have a short but it needs to be fixed. Other than that I am overall satisfied and I would stay here again. The only other thing I don't like is that we had to have a two bed and I wanted one (cheaper) my husband and I sleep in the same bed and my 3 year old is with us. My 1 year old has her own portable bed we bring bc she can't sleep on a reg bed. So we dnt need the other one but she said bc we had 3+ ppl we had to.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Chelsea K
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Checked in for two nights. Not much in the room works. No smoke detector, Internet doesn't work, no light bulbs in lamps,ect. The sheets were clean but worn and the comforter had holes in it. AC works on fan only. I have stayed in a lot of different hotels in Carlsbad, and have yet to find one that is worth the money they charge. My recommendation is to make Carlsbad a Day trip, and stay in Roswell.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank magrigg
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Yes it was somewhat cheap ($66). The room was suppose to be non-smoking, but of course smokers are not considerate of this. Our room was fumigated with Lysol. We had to leave the door open for two hours with the ceiling fan and A/C on to air out the room. Not the first time we've experienced this. Thank you smokers. Hot shower. Comfortable bed. THis is what we were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David K
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were touring the USA on holiday, and we were visiting Calsbad caverns. We needed a room just for one night nearby. We booked into the Stagecoach Inn, and looked at the room, and should really have walked away, but it was late in the afternoon, and I think we panicked. It was expensive, $79, which was more than we had paid for any accomodation we had used, even suites. It was a very small room, one double bed, old tv, and did smell a little musty. The wallpaper had been ripped from the wall behind the one chair in there. There were no coffee making facilities, and the breakfast was practically non existant, just a VERY small danish pastry.I think the rooms were maybe ok for workmen to stay in, but not tourists. The management weren't particularly friendly either. Wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank prycey64
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We decided to go to Carlsbad Caverns at the last minute, so we wanted to stay somewhere cheap but decent. Our niece and her husband recommended the Stagecoach Inn. They stayed there a year ago. The room was small, they charged two of us $68.99 for a single bed, non smoking room. It was Labor Day weekend so that might have had something to do with the price. The room was clean, the front desk lady was very nice, there is a playground out front, so its perfect for families with children. Continental breakfast consisted of a honey bun and coffee. I had no complaints. The room did only offer a bar of soap so make sure to bring all your own toiletries.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashleyg
Reviewed March 11, 2010

out of season price was good. non-smoking room stunk of smoke, used air freshner so we could sleep. it was late and we were tired. bed linen had smoke odor, not a good nights rest on a bad mattress, good thing we had our own pillows. no coffee in the morning, place was a real disappointment. had excellent breakfast at the best western next door. this inns restaurant was closed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple