“good restaurant!”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Flat Rock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had breakfast here and it was great! The food was delicious as always and the service was great. It was just next door to our hotel so it was great!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I guess that's a good thing, the same Cracker Barrel that we have come to expect. It's a tradition to stop at a Cracker Barrel at least once on our road trip. Servers were friendly, food was average and great things to look at in the shop but to expensive to buy. The only postive thing that stood out about this Cracker Barrel was that we didn't have to wait to long to get a seat.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Though never considered "fine dining", Cracker Barrel can usually be counted on for fast service and a wide variety of good (not necessarily "great") food. We stopped at this location today on our way home from spending Father's Day with family. The restaurant had a steady flow of customers but was far from being packed. Yet, there was no one at the hostess stand when we arrived. Two employees walked up to the hostess stand then walked away, never even acknowledging the 3 or 4 groups waiting. We were seated after a short wait and our server was at our table almost immediately to take our drink orders. The young lady was very attentive and was the one true positive of our visit. Unfortunately I do not remember her name.

All three in our party ordered breakfast. The bacon slices were either barely cooked or nearly burned. The eggs, cold. Hash brown casserole lukewarm and rubbery. And, as a true Southerner, I will never consider what they served me today to be grits; lumpy, chewy and dry. All three of us left well over half our food on the plate.

Apart from our server, no other employee in the restaurant was friendly. The hostess barely spoke. The woman who delivered our food (someone other than our server) acted as though we were an imposition. The cashier never asked about our meal and didn't even say "Thank you" when we paid.

As I said before, I don't expect gourmet food at Cracker Barrel. But I have come to expect a consistency in both food and service. I would have to say this was the worst experience I've ever had at a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I doubt I would ever visit this location again.

2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Always good. I never eat the fried shrimp (it is a little spicy for me). Love breakfast. Fresh at any time of the day or night. Shopping is a major bonus! My favorite meal used to be the beef stew and corn bread, but have diabetes now and had to change course. Have always found the servers to be friendly and courteous.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you are eating at Cracker Barrel, you are doing it for some reason other than the food. Location, convenience, speed of service, consistency of offerings, etc as this "Big Box" chain is all of that and more. At the Hendersonville location, the staff is virtually always very friendly, quick and helpful. We stop once in a while for breakfast and infrequently for lunch and always get what we order and expect. This restaurant always seems to be very noisy and if you are not listening to at least one screaming baby/tottler, you are not in the restaurant that you think you are.

1  Thank Yankee07