“Comfortable Room”

and 1 more site!
Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Our room was comfortable and clean enough but seemd a bit dark. We looked forward to breakfast after it was really talked up by the desk clerk, but it turned out to be far below expectations -- much less than the usual modest fare at the chain motels that provide breakfast bars.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mountain Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 10, 2009

Starting from our phone reservation, I had the pleasure of speaking to a young lady named Murphy who was very patient in answering all of my questions. She did not rush me, was very professional, and took my reservation over the phone.

(BEWARE: Call this inn directly for your reservation! Several websites offered to book this room at a much higher rate than we got by simply calling)

At check-in, Murphy made us feel like she was waiting for us. Everything was ready, paperwork, keys, etc. It took mere minutes to check in. She pointed out where our room was and we went out to the car to get our luggage. On noticing the large amount of luggage we had (my wife thought we were staying for 2 weeks - not 2 days), another girl brought us a luggage cart, and held the doors for us.

The suite was clean and spacious. One thing to note is that though this inn sits right on I-26, we could hear NO noise from the Interstate. As is our custom, we inspected the room before settling in and noticed 2 problems - the bed was not a pillowtop (as advertised) and the sofabed had cigarette ashes in the bedding. One call to customer service brought Murphy upstairs in less than 3 minutes! She apologized for the mixup and went to work to solve the problems. We were leaving for dinner, and once again, Murphy greeted us (by name) and offered us directions to nearby restaurants. She also informed us that our issues would be taken care of in our absence.

(NOTE: Contrary to other reviews I read, there are 2 restaurants right outside the Inn, and there are a plethora or eating establishments within 5 minutes drive. Lack of dining is definitely NOT and issue here.)

We returned a few hours later to find extra mattress pads had been placed on our bed, and a new mattress and bedding were on the sofabed. The bathroom was of good size, had good water pressure, and plenty of hot water. The towels were larger than most motels, and were thick and new as well.

The hot breakfast is just one step above a continental. I would say that nothing is prepared there, just heated there. However, it was edible. The cheese danish was actually pretty good!

The housekeeping staff was very professional and thorough, all hotel property back in its proper place, all personal property untouched.

Our overall experience was very positive, and we will most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank JBTaylorSr
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Our experience was very positive. Spacious room, nice hot breakfast, convenient location(restaurants very close), accomodating manager(Chris). It is the nicest place in Hendersonville, I believe, except for their sister property right next door, which is about $25 dollars more and much more upscale-a Mountain Lodge. One side note is that the towels could have been a little thicker.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a Valentines Weekend Get a Way in Flat Rock. We were really please with our accommodations at the Mountain Inn & Suites. The staff was more than gracious and gave us great recommendations about area restaurants and nearby hiking trails. We will definitely make sure to re-visit this great Mountain Escape.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank P390611
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I made reservations for a King suite months in advance thinking I was going to get the room I reserved.

I was driving to the location and was going to be arriving after 6:00pm so I called to ensure that I would indeed get the room I reserved.

After driving for 9 hours I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 pm and was givin a room off the main lobby that smelled of smoke.

I refused the room and asked for other rooms at the sister hotel the Inn and Suites. I go up there and sure enough they have one room left and it is a accessible room which was OK but I did not reserve an accessible room on the first floor. When I made the reservations months ago I requested and upper floor.

Well apparently they gave my room to someone else and also proceeded to tell me the room at the Siutes was at the $159.00 rate not the original rate of $129.00.

The manager proceeded to become very ignorant and say that I can find you a room at the Holiday Inn accross the street and he was not going to give me the previously reserved rate of $129.00.

I travel a lot and this guy was by far the worst and most arragont of all the placed I have visited.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Go to the next exit and stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eflasset
Reviewed September 4, 2008

As if a backed up tub drain, backed up sink drain, missing window screens, broken exterior door security system, and a traffic cone holding the rear door open wasn't enough, we had to endure loud partying guests in the room next to us that the management refused to do anything about in spite of our repeated complaints about the noisy neighbors.

Our final confrontation with management just before midnight finally resulted in the next door roudy bunch leaving the Inn. But by then our nerves were shot and we were on high alert for more trouble, possibly from the noisey guests taking retaliation against us for complaining about them.

Absolutely horrible experience no one should have to endure! Needless to say, we left that place the next morning as quick as we could get the van loaded.

Good riddance to a North Carolina hotel nightmare.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank OrlandoFlatraveler
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My wife and I stayed here one night 5/17/08. Our room was spacious, the check inn staff very friendly, and the breakfast was very good.

There were some short comings however. Our pillows were rather compressed & flat. The bath towels had a smell like the soap may not have been rinced completely out. And there was not any hook on the inside of the bathroom door to hang your bath robe or clothes on.

There was a sports car group staying there at the same time, and they gathered at 7:30am in the loby and in the hall near the check-in desk to talk. This made in difficult for other guests to get to the breakfast area. And I'm glad I wasn't a guest (and trying to sleep in) in one of the rooms where they stood in the hall and talked at 7:30am.

We booked our room via the hotel website which made no mention of any pet policy, and took a chance that dogs would not be allowed in the rooms. WRONG. Dogs are allowed. I wish the owners would put the pet policy information in the website.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!