“Convenient Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Aiken, South Carolina
“Convenient Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This motel was right off the interstate at Flat Rock, NC. We had tickets for the Flat Rock Playhouse and so it was an ideal spot for that. I was not overwhelmed with the motel. When we entered the room, it was obviously, very clean but there was a musty smell that I could not identify. We turned the air conditioner up and by the next day it seemed to be gone. The breakfast on Friday was not much but Saturday was a little more. However, Cracker Barrel, McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts were right across the highway. I would stay here again. Though I would probably say something to the manager about the smell.

1 Thank mimimartha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked online at the last minute. The manager was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the staff accommodating. The free continental breakfast was OK. This is a good place to stop and spend the night while traveling. Nothing fancy. The only negative is that they have smoking rooms on the same floor with non smoking rooms. The smoking room across the hall must have had several full time smokers lighting up the entire time with the door open. This gave the hallway a awful order. If you have a problem with smokers you may wish to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen6968
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Convenient location to the highway but not close enough to get any noise. In fact, the room was very, very quiet. The curtains were very good at blocking light, which is a huge factor in me getting a good sleep. The design of the king suite had a living room in front with a couch, chair and TV, and the bedroom in back with another TV. The bed was very comfortable, but didn't have many blankets on it which may be an issue in winter. However, we found no issue with the temperature control. We got a great sleep both nights we were there. Hotel offers a free breakfast, but we didn't get up early enough to experience it. There was no pool, but the property next door had one. I'm not sure if guests at the mountain inn and suites were allowed to use it though. I would love to stay at this hotel again. Price was very reasonable at $89 per night. Also, hotel has a zaxbys and waffle house in the same area, and a gas station across the street. For the more adventurous there is an ABC (liquor) store in the same area too! Great hotel and excellent staff. Thanks for the great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the forest behind the hotel will avoid any traffic behind them, and the trees block som...
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I chose this hotel based upon previous reviews and overall was pleased with it. We normally do not stay at a hotel that is pet friendly but I was assured on the phone that we would be given a non-pet room and that's what we were given. Check-in was a breeze and as we entered our room, the A/C had already been turned on. The room was clean and quiet all night. The only reason I give this hotel 4 stars is due to the breakfast. Although choices weren't plentiful, the basics were covered like cereal, waffles and omelets/breakfast burritos. However, there were no bananas or orange juice provided! The only fruit there was apples and the juice provided was apple juice. For our family and I would imagine many others, bananas and OJ are basic breakfast items and should be provided.

Room Tip: If you don't have pets, ask for a non-pet room ahead of time.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wearejoyful
Smithfield, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived at the Mountain Inn after a long day of driving and meetings, ready to settle in and sleep. The staff was nice and we were checked in quickly. When I got to my room (134), I was met with a musty smell. It was not too bad, but I had some dryer sheets with me that I put in the a/c unit to help. I did notice that the refrigerator in the room was unplugged, so that may have been the source of the smell. It was not a big enough problem to complain about in my eyes, especially since it was late and I knew they were full.

The room was basic and clean. The beds were comfortable, but a little more bouncy than I prefer. I prefer to sleep under a heavy bedspread, but the ones provided at the Mountain Inn are very thin. On the first night, I was unable to call the front desk to request a wake up call using the room phone (pressing the buttons or 0 did nothing), though the second night I was able to. Additionally, the electrical outlet closest to the door did not work when I plugged the iron to iron my clothing.

While in Downtown Hendersonville the next day, I received a call asking if I was planning to spend the night. Apparently they thought I was checking out, as the paper signed at check-in had incorrect reservation dates, although my reservation confirmation was for two nights (I should've paid closer attention at check-in). It was not a problem, though, and I was able to stay the second night.

I returned to my room that evening, and found that housekeeping had left their cleaning rag on top of clothes that I had left on the second (unused) bed in the room.

I found it very odd that a side door remained unlocked until at least midnight, allowing anyone to enter. There was a key card reader on the door so that it could be entered if locked, but it was completely unlocked. This door was less than ten feet from the fitness center, which also did not require a key for entry. I can see that this would be a safety concern.

I would give the Mountain Inn another shot, as most of these problems are very minor, but I would definitely recommend that the side door be locked in the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah E
Peoria, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a 3 night stay for us and we rested very well while checking out Hendersonville. A bit removed from the fine restaurants of downtown would be our only "complaint"....other than that this is a friendly, clean, quiet place to stay. Great Value!

2 Thank 766JohnR
Ooltewah, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were having a big family get together and many of us coming into town booked rooms at this hotel (4 rooms). I was told rooms had refrigerators and out of the 4 only two did. But the biggest issue with me was that the corridors and the lobby were hot and muggy. Sunday morning while having breakfast the front doors of the hotel were open and it seemed like the AC was off. August in the South...PLEASE! The staff were nice and the rooms clean. But not modern at all. There was no pool and that was fine with me but if your looking for a hotel with a pool this is not the one for you.

Room Tip: Sorry no tips.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 11 in Hendersonville
BEST WESTERN Hendersonville Inn
BEST WESTERN Hendersonville Inn
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!