“OK, but some problems.”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
North Carolina
“OK, but some problems.”
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My wife and I stayed here one night 5/17/08. Our room was spacious, the check inn staff very friendly, and the breakfast was very good.

There were some short comings however. Our pillows were rather compressed & flat. The bath towels had a smell like the soap may not have been rinced completely out. And there was not any hook on the inside of the bathroom door to hang your bath robe or clothes on.

There was a sports car group staying there at the same time, and they gathered at 7:30am in the loby and in the hall near the check-in desk to talk. This made in difficult for other guests to get to the breakfast area. And I'm glad I wasn't a guest (and trying to sleep in) in one of the rooms where they stood in the hall and talked at 7:30am.

We booked our room via the hotel website which made no mention of any pet policy, and took a chance that dogs would not be allowed in the rooms. WRONG. Dogs are allowed. I wish the owners would put the pet policy information in the website.

• Liked — The friendly people at the check-in desk.
  • Disliked — The hotel's pet policy was not declared on their website.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charleston
Reviewed December 6, 2007

I am a Innkeeper in another state, so believe me when I say I look for something "wrong" in all my personal hotel stays. We had four very tired children waiting in the car while my husband ran in to check rates. I was very surprised to hear the fantastic rate for a suite when he returned and wondered what could be wrong with a room for it to be that low for all of us. The answer is nothing. The room was very clean, even under the sofa bed. The only thing I can comment on was that the plastic guards on the corners of the walls were in need of replacing but having 13 month old twins in the room, who knows how much they caused. The breakfast is unique and tasty and parking was very easy to and from. This was a drive by hotel stay that we were very happy in, and felt comfortable with the children to be in. Good job.

• Liked — Value for price
  • Disliked — nothing that would stop me from returning.....
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Innkeeper/MI
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 2, 2007

The location of this inn was nice, the outside presense is serene. I had a problem with the noise, and after making comment about this at the desk , I got a feeling that this is a very common issue.

The staff could not be more friendly. A manager that was there when I arrived was thoughtful, informative, and genuinely seemed to be very proud of the inn and his position there.

The person at the desk when I was checking out, after I mentioned the noise, rather reluctantly told me that the inn was not properly insulated when it was built. Other hotels have learned from their situation, and have put in extra insulation, but save tearing down walls etc., it appears that this issue will remain here, I guess unless someone comes up with a less invasive solution. Some might not think that this is major, but I am not a complainer, and this is the first hotel review that I have written. I heard every step taken above me, and the sound from the television in the next room was as audible as if It was in my room, and right next to me. I had a real problem here, because it was very difficult to rest. After all of the great southern hospitality that the lovely staff provided, this is really so misfortunate.

They have some nice hot breakfast offerings.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — I have never been in such of a
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank judyjudyetc
Tampa Bay
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Great place to stay in Hendersonville area. $99.00/night. Clean and spacious rooms. Staff could not have been more helpful with directions and very friendly. Great location, not far from Ashville and close to the highway. Good free breakfast in morning. We will be sure to stay there again when in the area.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank baharbor
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed January 29, 2007

2 adults, 2 dogs, 4 nights, suite with living room/micro and frige, and king bed, 2 tv's. Very clean, non smoking, great hot breakfast, friendly, informed staff. Even hotel front desk personnell are allowed to bring their dogs to work. No extra charges for dogs, dog siting available, big flat grassy field just across the parking lot for exercise, Unbelievable value during off season. Still a bargain at summer rates. Will stay here next time in the area. Also loved the Black Rose Public House in downtown Hendersonville and Hannah Flanaghans. Got to go back to try the many other offerings.

• Liked — Quiet, peaceful, allowed dogs for free, clean, spacious, welcoming
  • Disliked — tv in living room needed repair of color tinting or new tv, fitness room was locked during daytime
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flyingdog
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2006

Wow, what an experience. From the Time we walked in and got greeted by Scott and Chris at the front desk, and we checked in and they knew us by name, its like they actually learned their guest name before we got there. New, Clean, Spacious.. I was in a NON suite and the room is HUGH.. plus they have a fitness center and a chipping green and tee box, next time the golf clubs are coming !!!

They recommended a restaurant by the name of Kelsey's about 5 minutes down the road, and it was great, but what made this experience over the top, was that we had left a Baby Blanket at the restaurant, and we had made mentioned we were staying at the Mountain Inn and Suites, so the waitress contacted the Inn and the desk clerk, knew that we had an infant and we went to Kelsey's so called the room to let us know if we had left our baby's blanket there, and sure enough we had... Talk about knowing you guest... even if you are visiting Asheville, stay here, its worth the drive..

What else could you ask for...

• Liked — Big rooms, Very Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Haven't Found one
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason_Hitesman
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2006

My husband and I decided on Mountain Inn and Suites after reading the reviews on this site - and it was a great choice. Our room was large - a mini-suite with a separate "living area" with micrwave and fridge. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, what really distinguishes this hotel is the staff. They go out of their way to be friendly and helpful - and best of all they have a complilmentary laundry service (wash, dry and fold). Our clothes were returned within a couple of hours! We can certainly recommend this hotel!

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!