“Great food at a great price”
Review of Crystal's BBQ and Grill - CLOSED

Crystal's BBQ and Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We get the Bar-B-Q plates with two sides usually to take out. The pork and beef brisket Bar--B-Q with two sides are the best in the area. The potato salad and Mac&cheese are the best. The key lime pie is some of the best I have ever had. B,hThe servings are large and the prices are very reasonable. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank HUGHBJ

Reviewed November 18, 2013

One of the few places in this area that has what I call good BBQ (Not that's My Opinion) always consistent and the people will make you feel at home. Prices are very reasonable, Portions are more than enough. You might want to try the "whole 9 yard" sandwich with 2 sides for about $8, bet you can't eat it all. Whatever you order make one of your sides the "corn fritters" Very good

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Quick service, The beef brisket was fork tender, crispy on the edges, and plentiful. I ordered mine with green beans and slaw, which was in a mustard-vinegar based dressing. The sauces are on the table which gives you an opportunity to try them all and pick your favorites. I really liked the mustard and the hot on the brisket, and the vinegar and tangy were excellent on the pork bbq. Some of the most polite wait staff ever, very nice and cheerful. Blue and white checked table cloths and a collection of piggy decorations that was the envy of my nieces adorned the inside, completing the ambiance of having dinner in my aunt's kitchen.

1  Thank TMTTYRR
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Great food, give you more than you can eat and the staff are very nice.pork was really good and so were the hush puppies to my surprise.

1  Thank A7xgirl27
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The first couple of times we visited Flat Rock and Hendersonville we fell in love with Hubba Hubba’s Restaurant because of its brisket and pulled pork. This year, out of sheer laziness, we tried Crystal’s because it is on Upward Road just less than a mile from where we were staying at the Mountain Lodge. Are we ever glad that we did.
Hubba’s has the outdoor ambiance of air filled with the aroma of smokehouse wood burning and Crystal’s is a modest indoor deli style restaurant – albeit tastefully decorated and very clean. If all you want is ambiance then your choice is simple. But if you want full flavor at very reasonable prices think Crystal’s. She and her husband smoke their own meat and when you order it they pull a big warm slab out and cut it in front of you – transparency better than the president promised.
The brisket is moist and smoky and piled high on a fresh bun. The pulled pork is served the same way without the prominent smoke flavor. Both were more than we expected in both quality and quality. The nicest surprise is the cost – both sandwiches were around $5. – an unbelievably great deal for what you get.
I tried the home made beans and slaw as sides and both were pretty straight forward recipes but the freshness and quality again was apparent – loved them. Another big surprise was the “corn nuggets” – neither my wife nor I have ever seen these before. I expected corn kernels from a can and what she got was what I can best describe as small, bite sized corn fritters. They were outrageously delicious!
It’s probably a good thing that we only visit once a year or I’d probably be at Crystal’s at least once a week. And it wouldn’t be only for the taste, it also would be for the quality of the food – I had no after issues that I would normally get from eating fatty barbeque – this wasn’t fatty at all. Here is the web link http://www.crystalsbbq.com/menu.html I suggest you try it. We will again and again.

4  Thank aging_nicely