“"Hubba Hubba"......it what you will say about this BBQ”

Hubba Hubba Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Flat Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: We honor the rich Carolina BBQ tradition of low & slow but unlike many pits you won't find any Bubbas here. Though there is often confusion with our name, our pitmaster Starr Teel and Lindsay Cromartie in the kitchen are both classically trained chefs. So remember, we're not Hubba Bubba. We're Hubba Hubba as in "Mmmm! Look at that brisket. HUBBA HUBBA!" Our menu features scratch made sauces and classic sides as well as unique seasonal sandwiches, soup, salad and even fish and shrimp on Fridays and Saturdays. And we're ready for anything you can dream up so remember us for catering. For catering, phone: 702-1301 Hubba Hubba Smokehouse is a great gathering place. It's an informal place to bring a client for lunch, take a break from a busy day and a choice location for entertaining friends old and new at a catered event or let us cater an event at your location. We are open mid-March to the Saturday before Christmas. Check our website for hours and open dates.
Columbia, South Carolina
“"Hubba Hubba"......it what you will say about this BBQ”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Customer Service.........start to finish. We were a group of 10 staying together for a long weekend in the NC mtns. We had matinee tickets to the Flat Rock Theater and wanted to pick up BBQ on the way back to our rental for dinner. When I checked out the menu, location and hours of operation online, I discovered that they closed at 3 pm in the off season. I decided to call anyway and tell them about our predicament........the play didn't end until 4 p.m. I was thinking that perhaps they could recommend another place in the areafor take-out food. Talk about Customer Service.......they agreed to have someone stay until we picked up our order and they did. How great it that!!! Our order was several pounds of bbq, sauce, collard greens, baked beans, Asian coleslaw and they added some of the best cornbread that I have ever eaten..........all for about $57 for 10 adults! For casual take-out bbq, I would rate it as the best. The meat is tender and succulent and there are 5 different sauces to choose from........the chipotle was spicy and a big hit with all. The greens were packed full of down home flavor as were the baked beans. The Asian slaw was a real hit with our vegan...and, of course, the corn infused cornbread was fought over. Again, I cannot thank the owner/s of Hubba Hubba for saving the day and my face.......by staying after closing so I could pick up the promised food for our group. Thank you! Thank you !

Visited December 2011

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best Sides anywhere and Best Sweet Tea”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Great place for BBQ in Hendersonville/Flat Rock area. This place is hard to beat. Best Fish tacos around. The BBQ sauce is stellar and I cannot say enough about the sides and sweet tea. Caution, go with cash or check. They do not take cards. Only down side.

• Visited July 2011
Greenville, South Carolina
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Yummy BBQ and unique side items! The cornbread is fantastic, and the outdoor dining is great.

Visited October 2011
hendersonville, nc
“Best brisket anywhere! No kidding!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

They do a great job. Food is excellent. I often get a couple of things to go for dinner at home. Behind "Rainbow Row" which is a great little area for browsing, shopping, coffee, bakery, etc... Rainbow Row is a must if your near Flat Rock.

Visited September 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
“Oh. My. God.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Right off the bat I will say I don't like NC BBQ. I hate Eastern NC BBQ (vinegar) and only tolerate Western BBQ (ketchup). Lexington, right at the epicenter of the state, sells mostly Eastern - and when done right I like it, but don't love it.

But then there's this place. Wow. The brisket is as good as any in Lockhart, Texas. The pulled pork is better than I have had - anywhere - and doesn't even need sauce, but there are many great options should you want it. The sides were fantastic.

Go here. No matter what, if you like BBQ and are in the area - you just must.

• Visited October 2011