“Da Best in WNC” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hubba Hubba Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Flat Rock
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We honor the rich Carolina BBQ tradition of low & slow but unlike many pits you won't find any Bubbas here. Though there is often confusion with our name, our pitmaster Starr Teel and Lindsay Cromartie in the kitchen are both classically trained chefs. So remember, we're not Hubba Bubba. We're Hubba Hubba as in "Mmmm! Look at that brisket. HUBBA HUBBA!" Our menu features scratch made sauces and classic sides as well as unique seasonal sandwiches, soup, salad and even fish and shrimp on Fridays and Saturdays. And we're ready for anything you can dream up so remember us for catering. For catering, phone: 702-1301 Hubba Hubba Smokehouse is a great gathering place. It's an informal place to bring a client for lunch, take a break from a busy day and a choice location for entertaining friends old and new at a catered event or let us cater an event at your location. We are open mid-March to the Saturday before Christmas. Check our website for hours and open dates.
Brevard,NC
“Da Best in WNC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Have dined at chez Hubba Hubba many times in past two years. Freezing cold weather,
blazing hot weather, in the little tin roofed shed, at the picnic tables, taken it home to eat...
you name it. I have tried the BBQ that POTUS dines at in Asheville, the ones in Brevard,
others throughout western NC. Hubba Hubba is absolutely the best. I have sung its
virtues as far away as Bora Bora and Sydney yadda yadda yadda. This is the very best
I have ever eaten. And hubba knows and is fussy about his BBQ. hanks for being there.T

• Visited June 2011

Ottawa
“A great intro to southern BBQ cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Had lunch here on 27 April 2011. Found the smokehouse by accident, and had the best black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread ever. Ok - I admit it was the first time I'd ever eaten collard greens! This place is definitely worth a return visit.

• Visited April 2011
Jackson, Wyoming
“The best BBQ in North Carolina!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

BBQ is a funny thing, there are so many different varieties that very by state or even geographic region. However, Hubba Hubba covers them all!! Their full menu of bbq options and classic southern side dishes makes this little eatery a GEM of a find. Do yourself a favor and stop by Hubba Hubba!

asheville, nc
“One of my faves here in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

Ok, so I don't eat BBQ, but I love this place! My coworker and I love to go and sit outside in this really cool location and have lunch. She usually gets a barbecue sandwich, but I always get sides and cornbread. I ALWAYS get the potato salad. It's just different..slightly spicy and very well-seasoned. I'm also a sucker for the cornbread, which is awesome. Another of my favorite sides is the okra and tomatoes when they have it. Oh, and last time I went they had locally-grown squash cooked with onions and garlic. Yummmmm! I still have not tried the avocado slaw..that's next on the agenda for me.
For meat eaters, they have pork, chicken and brisket, and a bunch of various self-serve sauces.
Also, I'm local so I have been to a couple of events that they catered and that food was great, too. One was BBQ and the other was wedding-type food, which was very fancy and unique. Thumbs up!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Probably the best barbecue I have ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

Probably the best barbecue I have ever had. The tomatillo sauce -spicey- is a must try!