“Very peaceful and quiet. Nice porch view of Jordan's Lake”
Review of Mill House Lodge

Mill House Lodge
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We just spent one evening here after a wonderful visit to Hendersonville, NC. A tranquil view of the little lake from our room. We arrived just at sunset. The lodge is just down the road from the historic Village of Flat Rock, the Carl Sandburg home and a short distance from the Biltmore Estate and many other sites. We had a lovely time and such a change from our usual hotel stays.

There is not room service nor a fitness center, so please ignore ratings as the system would not allow me to change them!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

We thank you very much for your recent stay with us. The lake setting in the evening is very peaceful and relaxing. Many folks really enjoy that time as they unwind from the days activity before going to dinner at a nearby restaurant.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Mill House Lodge

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were pleased with our room and accommodations. The lake view room was clean in every respect, including the kitchen and bathroom, and the bed was comfortable. This is a great location with lots to do and see in the area. I found the rate to be reasonable, and we plan on returning later this year with our dogs.

I used a third party to book the room, which caused a minor concern, but there was no fault to the Lodge, and I recommend booking directly with the property if you are considering a stay here. They were very helpful when I called to confirm my reservation and ask questions about the property.

Barry

Room Tip: call the Lodge if there are any concerns in advance of booking, they were helpful. We stayed in a la...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry R
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your recent trip to the Mill House Lodge and Flat Rock. We were pleased to host your recent stay to the area. We are glad to assist our guest with any questions that they may have concerning their stay with us. We look forward to having you visit in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Visited the area for the first time and wasn't sure where to stay ... Ran across Mill House which was what we were looking for and was pet friendly as we travel with our pets. When I made reservation no mention the pets couldn't stay in room when we would leave.. We checked in no mention of this until I was getting in the car to go to our room and was informed at that time we couldn't leave our dogs they would have to go with us. Ok so I just paid a pet deposit so my pets can stay and mind you they don't run free we keep them in a kennel and pet deposit non refundable. So why pay pet fee...When making reservation they need to explain this before getting to the lodge..thank goodness it was cool so we didn't have to deal with heat issues or we would have had to find alternate place to stay . I will say place had nice rooms and clean but will not stay again due to pet policy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Beachnana6
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We do thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the room clean and comfortable. I do apologize that the pet policy was not explained to you at the time of your reservation and will get that clarified with the front desk. We have had some bad experiences where guests have left their dog(s) in their room and then took off for the day. Since it was unfamiliar to their pet, they barked continually until the guest returned. The barking was a distraction to other guests, to the point that some have left.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Very comfortable and clean rooms. Great location and the prices are terrific! Mill House Lodge has become our "go to" hotel in the greater Hendersonville area. We love the comfortable outside seating with an a view of the small lake.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy S

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that we can provide you with a place to visit for a quick get-away or mini-vacation. Observing the lake and it's surroundings is very relaxing. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Pros: The location is lovely, besides a small lake, and the room very comfortable. The front desk lady were very helpful and pleasant to chat with. She recommended a good place to eat with a 10% discount

Cons: The reception (front desk) closed at 6pm, and so were unable to resolve the lack of internet access. I managed to catch the (helpful) receptionist as she was leaving at 5.55pm, and she said she would contact the owner to reset the router. However, WiFi access did not return. It meant I was unable to talk by Skype with my wife overseas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BacanaBloke
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the lack of internet access. The situation with the internet has been corrected as well as speaking with the front desk receptionist regarding the relay of infromation.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

While the accommodations were fine, I was not ok with how Bob [---], the owner, conducted himself around my children. My two girls, ages 6 and 11 were watching TV in the LR while I laid down in the adjoining bedroom. Bob burst in the door - without knocking - then left - without explanation or apology. My girls were understandably scared and they came and told me. When I went outside no one was there. Never guessing it would be the owner, I locked the door and figured it was a guest who had the wrong room. About half an hour later he came back! This time, when my older daughter opened the door (without undoing the top lock, as I showed her) he asked if she "needed help reaching anything?" She said no and quickly shut the door, once again came and got me from the next room. They (and I) were very shaken up. When my husband got back from the store he was furious and went to go complain that some creep had approached our children inappropriately - only to find out that the creep was the owner!!! When he told Bob to not approach our children without talking to us, he made some comment about how they were being too loud and didn't know an adult was home. Whether or not Bob had malintent - his actions were at best unprofessional and **creepy** - at worst, predatory. IT IS NOT OK to approach someone's children in their own living room without asking to speak to a parent. Even if we had left our children alone - which we didn't - he had our cell phone! If they were being loud, call us! He didn't even tell them they were being too loud. Nor is it OK to burst into a rental unit without knocking - even if you are the owner. While I am not going to file a formal police report, I feel like as a mom I should point out this behavior so either it is either corrected or parents who bring their children are forewarned - or both.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank girlyju
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Julie, we would like to thank you and your family for visiting the Mill House Lodge and Western North Carolina. We are glad to know that the accommodations served your family well during your visit.
Your concerns are duly noted and procedures have been modified and appropriate procedures put in place.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

had a very nice stay there. I would like to go back again. overlooking the lake and listening to the water go over the dam was so very peaceful. the lodge is very convenient to town, attractions and shopping.

Room Tip: overlooking the lake and the dam was wonderful. so peaceful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank freckles0509
MyMHL, Owner at Mill House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the sites and activities around the area. Relaxing by the lake, listening to the water cascading over the water fall is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flat Rock
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mill House Lodge? Share your experiences!