“Unmatched service and great rooms!”
Review of Mountain Lodge

Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed here 3 times before writing this review: one time with my wife on a 3-day getaway (she loved the rooms, location, and exceptional service),

one time for a one-day technical training session for my clients (they were impressed with the meeting facility, and were treated first class),

and this time for a regular business trip (stay here instead of Asheville, it's only 15 minutes away).

Scott and his staff are completely AWESOME! They are truly appreciative of their guests, and go out of their way to make your comfort their personal priority. Rarely have I encountered this type of service in over 20 years of business travel.
Do yourself a favor and stay here, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 23, 2009

This is a great new place for families or solo travelers. They serve a free hot breakfast and evening snack with free wine and the lobby is a great place to hang out with a beautiful fire place and hard wood floors. It was all about personal service and the owner, GM, and all-purpose handyman Scott did everything from greet you personally each day to opening the door for the bride to the beautiful garden weddings, of which there were two while I was there. I was visiting family and this hotel served as a great guest room! There was never an intrusion on my privacy during the events held there, nor did I feel I was intruding on others. My room on the third floor was quiet, clean, neat and new. Everyone was very friendly and down home. I

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2009

The rooms were gorgeous and clean. Look just like the pictures. Granite everywhere-even the shower stall/walls. Beds were SO comfortable. Lobby is exquisite. The man-made waterfall in the back is beautiful. Great mountain views. Excellent location. Loved Flat Rock Village! Reminded me of Martha's Vineyard. We were glad we chose this as our base as opposed to Asheville as most of the spots we wanted to see were south of Asheville also. Asheville is straight up the highway. The breakfast was bountiful and delicious-omelets, burritos, sausage, pancakes, bacon, assorted pastries, yogurt, coffee/tea, juice and cereals. They also serve free light evening fare-tortilla chips, chicken nuggets, egg rolls, meatballs, etc.. All complementary. Wonderful, clean pool. And the service................out of this world! No hotel chain can compete with the hospitality here. Scott is truly a people-person.....greeted guests by name in the morning......very courteous and attentive. Great staff!! We've lived in 3 countries and 4 states and have done a lot of traveling. This place is outstanding in all ways. Our son said he will miss Scott on our drive home!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The Mountain Lodge is in a good location, handy to 1-26, but not in a commercialized area. The suites are spacious with everything you could need for a short or extended stay including a kitchen, sitting area and wireless access. In the morning they serve an exeptional breakfast and in the evenings they host a manager's reception with wine, beer and sweet tea. On one evening, my colleagues and I had a special reception and dinner which was tasty and well-organized. Besides the very nice accomodations, the best part of the stay was the fantastic service by the staff with the manager, Scott, helping in every way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2009

One of the cleanest, quietest and most attentive hotels I've ever stayed in. I've stayed at several other hotels within a mile of here and although adequate, they don't measure up to this hotel and it's excellent price. You get alot of bang for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2009

For business, I needed accomodations for TWO MONTHS. After personally visiting 10+ locations, I found this GEM. You simply will not find a better place to stay. The sound of the waterfall, the georgious check in area, the pool, the flat screens, an incredible staff lead by an outstanding manager. Remember, I was here two months. I experienced consistent daily high quality accomodations and service. Do yourself a favor and STAY HERE.

Scott -- keep up the great work !! MS

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Recently stayed at Mountain Lodge for several days. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. Room was clean and ready for my early arrival. Scott was friendly and accommodating. However, when I told the lady at the front desk that I needed sheets for the pull out sofa, she....handed them to me. I was expecting her to call housekeeping for them to set the bed but instead, I was handed a set of sheets and was expected to do it myself. Hmm..... Otherwise, the rooms were nice & clean and each had its own small kitchen, fridge, microwave & oven. Despite being off the highway, the hotel was very quiet. That is, until housekeeping came. Every morning, I heard the housekeeper outside of our room talking loudly on her cell phone. This was annoying. The hotel offered breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 each morning and hors d'ourves each evening. There is a pool, fitness center, business center and a nice fireplace in the lobby. Ample parking; wireless internet available in the rooms. The location was a bit out of the way for us as most of our days were spent in Hendersonville but I am certain this hotel was the best in the area.

• Stayed: June 2009
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!