“Loved the hotel, loved the staff”
Review of Mountain Lodge

Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Portland, Oregon
“Loved the hotel, loved the staff”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

After spending a week at Mountain Lodge I can tell you when I go to see my sister in Hendersonville this will be the only place I will stay. My visit was stressful since my sister isn't well and I got a bad cold the day after I arrived. I can honestly say the one relaxing thing in my stay was the hotel and the wonderful staff and owner. Being sick and stuck in a hotel room sucks. But we had the King Suite with the bedroom and the living room with lovely double doors that closed between. Two tvs (one in each room) and a very pretty kitchen by the living room. My husband had a very nice night on the pull out bed in the living room side and did not have to be near me while I was sneezing and coughing. It was so much nicer then a regular hotel room. I liked that we had a kitchen with a decent size fridge, stove and even a garbage disposal (didn't expect that) and a/c units in both rooms. The place was very, very clean. The staff was WONDERFUL, esp. Cheryl and the owner (though every single person we came in contact with was great). The hotel itself is beautiful. They had a really nice breakfast every morning. Normally my husband won't eat hotel breakfast - this one he had every day. they even did our laundry (and brought it up to the room clean and folded). We stayed a week and I actually slept good on the beds they were very comfortable and I had plenty of pillows. I liked that instead of those icky bedspreads some places have they had nice sheets and nice clean white blankets in between that you know can be washed between every guest.
I honestly cannot say enough good things about this hotel and it's staff. This is a review from a very happy and impressed guest!!!!!!! (ok, two guests my husband really loved it too)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank rosestarlov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Front desk staff was excellent & very friendly. The accomodations are inpeccable. We stayed in a two bedroom room and the price for it at the time was well worth it. I would definitely stay there again when I am in town.

• Stayed March 2014
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014

we were staying at mountain lodge because we were in town visiting a terminally ill family member. Yuri that was working the front desk went over and beyond to be kind to us. her smile comforted us. the place is beautiful. the rooms are big and very clean. we will always stay here anytime we are in hendersonville........

Room Tip: the rooms are big, nicely decorated with a nice kitchen. the beds were very comfortably with plenty...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank trish p
Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent News Year day driving and spent the night in a King Suite. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk, a note welcoming us personally in the room and and very nice room. We had a small kitchen, stove, microwave, refrigator, and coffee maker.

Breakfast the next morning as also nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mudgesdad
Miami, FL, USA
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Mountain lodge was just what I needed. It is about a ~20 drive from the blue ridge parkway, however, that was not too bad considering the accomodations and price. Small kitchen, spacious, nice bathrooms, indoor pool.

Continental breakfast - Free. However, nothing out of this world. Standard breakfast - cereal, bagels, eggs. The best part was the friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere.

Nearby - Downtown Hendersonville is a little hidden gem you should visit if you stay here one night. Restaurants, bars, etc. All types of ceramic bears. ~10 min.

Overall, it gets 5 stars due to the location near the parkway to price ratio (with accomodations). In the area, you won't find better. For something like this in Asheville you will pay much more. If you are on a budget or will be spending most of your time out (like I was) then it really is not worth it to shell out extra cash.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are pretty spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank etapanes
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a trip from FL to TN. It was such a pleasant place. Very welcoming and cozy. The staff was friendly & the rooms were clean and comfortable. Also decorated very festive for the Christmas season. The room has a small kitchen and a roomy bathroom. In the morning there was a lovely breakfast that was perfect before we continued our journey. Nearby we found a Zaxby's and a Cracker Barrell for food choices. It is right off of the interstate which was convenient for a restful evening and getting right back on the road. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice stay at a good price.

Room Tip: we stayed in a studio suite right by the parking lot on the 2nd floor and didn't have any proble...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carmen R
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at Mountain Lodge for a two night getaway and couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience. Scott and the staff were friendly and took care of any need I had. The suite was immaculately clean and comfortable. I had some work to do and needed a quiet place in order to do that and just relax. The view of the western NC mountains from my window and the peaceful atmosphere made it the perfect spot to do just that. With convenient access to the interstate and restaurants, it will be at the top of my list for return visits. Of all of the amenities, it was definitely the accommodating and concerned staff that made my Mountain Lodge trip a memorable experience I would like to repeat soon. Next time, I hope to enjoy the pool and the beautiful outdoor scenery and waterfall. Maybe I will even find time for a hike!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
The Cascades Mountain Resort
The Cascades Mountain Resort
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hendersonville SE - Flat Rock

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!