“family trip”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Charlotte, North Carolina
“family trip”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We enjoyed our trip to the mountains and stay at Mountain Lodge. The room was clean and spacious. There was a refridgerator, so we could store food, etc in there. The kids enjoyed their pool and we took a walk along the trails in the back. The back scenery with the waterfall and trees was beautiful. The location was within easy driving distance to many area attractions, but there wasn't much of a view of the mountains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I have been guests at the Mountain Lodge for several nights recently because of the declining health of my mother-in-law and we can't express the genuine concern and care that all of the staff have provided to us all. We are especially grateful to Scott and Cheryl for the compassion and friendliness that they have provided. The accommodations have been more than acceptable and we consider this an excellent value. The proximity to the Four Seasons - Elizabeth House Hospice also made this a great choice for us to stay.

Room Tip: They have a broad selection of room types and sizes.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveled on business to the area and stayed at the Mountain Lodge. Upon check in I met Scott who was very friendly and asked that he be called upon if anything was needed. At breakfast the next morning Scott went to each table and asked about each person's stay at the hotel and thanked me for choosing the Mountain Lodge for my stay. Rooms were very clean and well decorated and I found the hotel to be very inviting. I plan on making this my choice of hotel when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms overlooking the waterfall/ common area. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nc
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Everything I could ever expect from an inn and lodge was excellent at this facility. In addition however I wish to compliment the staff especially Scott who showed friendliness hospitality and making my stay as comfortable as possible. As a psychologist who does workshops on customer satisfaction and customer service the staff here had a uplifting attitude at all times, was very courteous, indicated to my every need. I would recommend them highly when it comes to customer service. In addition after leaving the hotel and finding that I was missing one small item which I left in the bathroom Scott retrieve it and told me not to worry and that he would have it mailed to me . Two days later I received it at my home. That's what I call customer satisfaction at its highest level in addition to all of the excellent customer service I received during my weekend stay. I recommend this place with the utmost confidence and highest rating.

• Stayed October 2013
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, accommodating, or pleasant. We were part of a large group and they all went out of their way to make us comfortable and to be able to spend time together as a group. The room and common areas were very clean and breakfast was quite good. We'd recommend Mountain Lodge to anyone and would stay again next time in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Abbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 10/25 and 10/26. I gave this hotel a two star rating as the look and overall cleanliness is pretty good as well as some of the staff was friendly. That is where it stops! Upon check-in into our King Suite we noticed the light by the bed did not work. When we left for the evening we notified the front desk and it was fixed upon our return. As we settled in we found the security bar was missing from the door so we only had the deadbolt on the door for security. (an uneasy feeling) Next we noticed the fire alarm was missing from the ceiling in the bedroom and the bare wires were hanging there. (not only a security issue but I think this is also a code issue) When we advised the front desk we were unable to move as they were full. The next day we asked for a roll-away bed for our son and the younger front desk woman was very rude and just laughed at us and told us ' we don't have roll-away beds and we never have' and she walked away from me. Didn't try to offer a solution or suggestion. We were out all day when housekeeping came in but they did not to give us cups nor new soaps or lotions.The following day we were running late for check out and we received a call from this same very rude front desk woman telling us we needed to leave or stay. We checked out 30 minutes late and when I confronted the front desk clerk (different one) I was told check out was at 11 and we needed to get out. I mentioned that we just spent over $300 at this hotel and I hoped they would would a little nicer. She didn't have a reply other than ' we hope you come back to us again'. I only could laugh at that. As mentioned in other reviews the walls are thin and you can her people in the hall and walking above. What bothers me the most is the lack of concern for the safety of their guests with missing locks and no fire alarms. We would not stay here again nor recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank djlaK
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed there 10/25/2013 and we were on the 2nd floor next to the stairs-DO NOT DO THAT-You can hear everything in the lobby and dining area, also the walls are paper thin so you can hear people walking and moving things around. I was so exhausted the next day I did not enjoy myself. My husband is pretty good sleeper but the activities disturbed his sleep. No recommendation to others from us nor will we stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd floor so you do not have anyone on top of you because you can here everythi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!