“What happened?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Greensboro, North Carolina
“What happened?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had stayed here so many times and wrote great reviews in the past, but they just lost one of their best fans! I'm not sure if the management changed, but the attitude sure has changed! We asked for a quiet room so they found us the noisiest room! We couldn't sleep day or night for the noise! We took our son there to see if they might want to consider having their wedding there, glad we didn't make that mistake! There is too much competition near you to forget how to treat your customers!!

Room Tip: The hotel next door would be better!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank G K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights in August and enjoyed it. We had our 2 small dogs with us and there were other dogs there as well. It was very comfortable and the staff very friendly. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Detriot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way to pigeon forge and I decided that I would stop for the night. I had stayed at the mountain inn and ha never stayed at the lodge right next to it. Spent about $109.00 for the suite. The room had a kitchen and all the other basic amenities. The key Jewell of the place was the water fall in the courtyard out back. Will
Denfinatley return on future trips.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for one night to visit my parents so my Mom booked this place for us. Had not had much time to review online but it was great!! So warm and welcoming when you step into lobby. Rooms were so nice and cozy. Continental breakfast is included. The breakfast burritos were awesome! Check in and check out were quick and pleasant. Scott is wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013
Macon, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived early,as we had tickets to the Sunday afternoon performance of Les Mis at the FR Playhouse,and hoped to check-in early. When I explained why we hoped to arrive early, Cheryl took our cell # and called as soon as our room was available--and she did @ 12:15--plenty of time to unload and make the 2PM show. Cheryl and Scott were both friendly and helpful with suggestions, including Mona Lisa's for dinner, Jump-off rock for the view of 4 states, and the Carl Sandburg home and gardens. The room was large with a big chair, nice work desk(although no where to plug in electronics), full kitchen including micro zap and 2 burner cooktop. Bathroom was good size and clean, beds were comfortable, free wifi was a little slow,but useful,and breakfast,while not as expansive as some of the big hotel chain offerings,still had good variety and was well stocked and kept clean. My wife used the small pool,but didn't last long when some small children arrived. However,she moved to the lovely courtyard outback facing a small waterfall in one corner. It sits jut off I-26 but there was no traffic noise that i noticed. It's about 3 miles up the Interstate to Hendersonville, and Flat Rock commercial is about 1-2 miles away. Overall, nice peaceful facility,with a good staff to take care of you. Would definitely return when in the area.

Room Tip: To insure quiet,get a top floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was at this hotel for almost 2 weeks in July of this year, 2013. (8-19)
the pictures on their website were inviting, and the LODGE lived up and beyond.
the facility presents a sort of rustic, down home look, .....but don't be fooled.....it is a modern and well appointed hotel.

EVERYONE I dealt with, from SCOTT to Cheryl to Yuri to Bonnee to Fide (and any i forgot) was
helpful and pleasant, but not overbearing,
I really enjoyed my stay, and I could see a repeat visit if the circumstances presented themselves

Room Tip: I only stayed in the one room, but they looked good from what I was able to see.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We checked in yesterday evening with a groupon, a headache, and 700 miles behind us. I just wanted to have our hotel experience go smoothly. Unfortunately, it was filled with non working phones and wifi, a less than ideal bed situation, a musty smell and a front desk clerk who did not have an attitude for service.

When we got to our room we found we'd been checked into a room with 2 doubles. Had we known the groupon was for this room only, we would've paid to upgrade when we made our reservation. Since the phone in our room wasn't working, we walked down to talk with Bonnie (brown hair) at the front desk, who had politely checked us in but she appeared harried and very busy.

When she was able to speak with us, we explained that we'd prefer to be in a king and that we were surprised to have been checked into a double. We also mentioned the phone being out. She testily explained that the phone was out because it wasn't plugged in. Thanks, hadn't checked that. King rooms were sold out, and the groupons didn't cover that anyways. An apology and a smile, that could've been the end of the conversation. Instead, Bonnie said pedantically, "next time, read your groupon." No apologies seemed forthcoming.

Returning to our room, the groupon didn't expressly say double rooms only. You would've had to click through to the website to discover that. I'll take that complaint up with groupon.

We tried to get on the wifi. That didn't work either. At this point, I felt so unwelcome that I didn't feel I could ask Bonnie for her help with solving any of these issues. I was worried she might ask me if I'd reset the router and all of my devices as well. We gave up and called the nearest Hampton inn.

We then gathered our suitcases and headed back downstairs. I handed the key to Bonnie and said, "I'd like to check out please. I feel very unwelcome and would like to leave." At which point Bonnie proceeded to berate me. I was rude, I hadn't given her enough time to fix the phone, I was a horrible person.

I wasn't caught off guard, just wanted to leave, seemed like Bonnie and I had both had really long days.

But I did ask if my Amex would be charged for the taxes. She said she had to escalate the situation to her manager who wasn't present at the time. When I asked if the phone number she had on file was correct, because my name had been butchered by the guy who took our reservation four months ago, it was like I'd pushed some secret anger button. She said,"did I take your reservation? Then don't get mad at me." Well, I was mad at her for berating me, not for spelling my name wrong. Then, in a singsong insulting tone, she read back my phone number, which was also incorrect. I asked for a postit to write down the correct number. She threw a pen and post it across the front desk at me. I wrote my number down and high tailed it before she threw something more lethal across the desk.

In all my travels, I've never seen a situation Ike this, which would've been easily fixed with an apology, a smile, and an offer to check out the phone, escalate into post it throwing. Fellow tripadvisors, I'm so glad you didn't experience the wrath of Bonnie, and I'm jealous of your wonderful experiences here. Wish I could've said the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Ramada Hendersonville
Ramada Hendersonville
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
Brookstone Lodge
Brookstone Lodge
#31 of 63 in Asheville

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!