“Thanks”
Review of Mountain Lodge

Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After a long trip including major car trouble, we were greeted like old friends. Because the car rental that we had to get does not allow dogs, we asked if a staff member could walk our dog at least one time while we did some mountain viewing. The answer was a resounding "Yes" and we left our precious "baby" with capable folks. We made reservations for a return trip in November. What a find - a full service hotel with B & B friendliness.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Seems to be a recently built or renovated lodge. The decor was modern and had a mountain style to it. Our King suite had a kitchenette with granite counter tops. The shower had what appeared to be granite or marble walls. The tub's caulking could have been better and two of the shower hardware items better installed, but it was still a very nice bathroom. Clean and quiet hotel. I could not hear the shower while sleeping in the King bed and the bathroom is in the bedroom. I couldn't hear the neighbors showers either. While the bed and pillows were comfortable, the sleeper sofa was not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent the night at Mountain Lodge while visiting Hendersonville. While this is not a high end luxury hotel we found it to be very clean, peaceful and pleasant.

The room was spacious with a complete kitchenette (granite counters, smooth top range, microwave, full sink, coffee maker and refrigerator) which would be very convenient if you were traveling with children or staying for several days.

The beds and fluffy pillows were VERY comfortable and best of all there was no bedspread to contend with...instead they had a nice white cotton blanket sandwiched between two crisp white sheets as a bed cover.

There was a desk and chair in the room as well as a lounge chair for reading.

Free WiFi and a flat screen TV with the full range of cable channels.

The breakfast was your basic hotel offering but there were several restaurants nearby- one next door actually- if you wanted heartier fare. Personally, I felt the Mountain Lodge breakfast was adequate.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

All in all we would not hesitate to stay here again.

2  Thank D J
Reviewed May 31, 2013

What a nice place! Stayed here three nights over Memorial Day weekend; nice accommodations, nice staff, nice courtyard out back with a waterfall; convenient access to everywhere via I-26. The manager is an old-fashioned innkeeper who knows all the guests by name and greets you by name. Nice place, and I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Rob57768
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were on a bus tour and really ready for a comfy night's sleep. We arrived at the beautiful Mountain Lodge and were delightfully surprised at the accommodations. We had a 2 room suite that included a small kitchenette. The bed was wonderful. But the best part was the staff. Friendly, helpful, real Southern hospitality. Our morning complimentary breakfast was tasty. A great stop!

Room Tip: The two room suite was roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank daisy41
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I travel a good deal atfer retiring from 30 years in the travel industry, so I appreciate a good deal when it comes along. This place is all I could ask for with a great location, modern facilities, including kitchenette, friendly staff, good breakfast and reasonable rates. Minutes from Hendersonville and Ashevile, convenient to the airport, restaurants, beautiful countryside, Scott and Uri were helpful and accomodating hosts. Thanks for a great visit, we hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but ask for a view of the mountains.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From the time I spoke with someone on the phone to make the reservations to the day I checked out of the lodge, I loved it. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The lodge is beautiful. My room was clean, the sheets soft, the serves wonderful and a hot breakfast every morning. My family and I try to make it to the mountains once a year and we always stay at some hotel, well not any more. I will stay at the Mountain Lodge from now on. Did I mention how much my family and I loved it?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
The Cascades Mountain Resort
The Cascades Mountain Resort
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!