“Changed my mind about Holiday Inn”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried this hotel while on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised as I had a negative preconceived notion of what a Holiday Inn was going to be like. Greeted by professional staff. Stayed in a queen double room on first floor. Rooms were very clean , well stocked and modern.More modern than in more "upscale" chains that I have stayed in. I liked how the pillows were labeled soft and firm. The only minor change that should be considered is to upgrade the mattress, it wasn't totally uncomfortable, but could have been better. Bathroom was clean and fully stocked. Liked the Bath and Body Works products. Breakfast had the usual variety and was ok. Area was well kept and stocked. There was a computer and printer in the just outside the lobby area. Did not try the pool. Grounds were well kept. There is a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot as well as a Mcdonalds. Close to gas stations and easy on/off the highway. Had a good experience at this hotel and will now try Holiday inn Express on more trips. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it did not accept pets. Very difficult to find these days. My husband is allergic to cats. The room and motel were both extremely clean. We were traveling
back to Myrtle Beach area. The breakfast provided was very good. Staff so friendly and helpful.
We ate at a Cracker Barrel, located just across from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel. as clean is our priority.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend anything. We were on the 2nd floor. The room was extremely clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sab867
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I think I had stayed in an older Holiday Inn several years ago and was left with a not-so-good impression. When I checked into this Holiday Inn to save a little money on this trip, I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was comfortable the pillows were great (it was nice to have a firm and soft options, they even label them on the edge of the pillowcase) and the room was very clean. The breakfast was a step up from the stale pastries and coffee you used to get. The "omlettes" are those prepackaged things I've seen at my son's school for hot lunch, so I recommend going out for breakfast. IHop & Waffle House are just up the highway a bit. Overall, the value is decent. They said were remodeling the pool so I did not see it or test it out. It would have been nice for them to mention it when I booked my room, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me since I was out and about the majority of time I was in NC.

Room Tip: There are only two floors. I stayed in the room above the lobby, a non-smoking King, accross from th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Kayakgirl27,

Orando A.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay, plenty of parking for a semi behind bldg. cracker barrel next door...lady at check in was very freindly and helpful,good price,clean room,comfy bed water pressure not best but nice hot water..ac-htr was quiet..this is an older place but it is well kept and clean..i read a few of the reviews on this place that werent the best but I found no issues at all ..the next time Im in the area I will stay again..

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The single reason I chose this Holiday Inn for my stay was their indoor pool. I wanted a place my daughter could swim and get some exercise after being in the car all day. This was a big mistake.

There is absolutely no way this pool is heated. The water was absolutely freezing. Picture a bath tub filled with water and then just left there for days. You know how cold that water gets? That's exactly what this water was. Kids left the pool after about 10 minutes with shivering teeth and purple lips. Adults took one feel and didn't get in. Not to mention the fact that the water was so murky you couldn't see your own feet at the bottom of a 3' deep pool.

When I told the service desk about the water being cold, they couldn't have cared less. I was told there was nothing they could do about it on the weekend. Their pool service people wouldn't come out during the weekend. Yeah... why would a hotel want service for their busiest time of the week?

A bit dispointment as I could have stayed at other places nearby that were less money. This was my first ever stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris_and_Bethany
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Chris_Marcy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stopped for one night while traveling. First problem came with reservation service as I was near Brevard NC and planning to stop for night. I was looking for an indoor pool and hot tub which was not available there, Holiday Inn 800 reservations informed me that they were available in Hendersonville 18 miles away so we went there. Arrived to find out yes for the pool but no hot tub. Check in was fine and room ok, what was expected for brand. Went to the pool to find it very dark and dingy, no lights in pool area, no lights in the pool working, cold air blowing from vents. Asked at desk and were told that lights would come on automatic at dark even though it was already dark outside and past 5:00 PM. As for air temperature was told some story about humidity and such. Lights never came on. Basic impression of the place is they are to cheap to turn on the lights and heat the air or the pool. At check out I tried to ask the gentleman working about the pool and he basically gave same story of timers and humidity. Probably would not return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear PenguinBill,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the pool condition during your stay. We will address this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This property is a little older, but very nice. It was raining and I was tired, so I stopped here. I was able to get an affordable, clean, remodeled king room. Room on main floor was massive! Hendersonville just about a mile away has everything you'd ever want.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!