“No surprises”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before, you know exactly what to expect. It's like a Big Mac - wherever you go it's the same. With HIE you get comfortable beds, good sized rooms, free internet, pool and fitness center, TV with HBO, and a pretty good hot breakfast. If you're looking for something charming and unique, this isn't it. If you just want a comfortable place to lay your head at the end of the day, this is exactly what you want.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a decent hotel. The bed sleeps well, water was hot and is somewhat conveniently located. There is a Cracker Barrel basically in the same parking lot as well as a McDonalds and a gas station. Also, other places to eat in very close proximity. It is also conveniently located right off the interstate. I always expect a decent hotel with Holiday Inn and they always deliver. However, my number one deal breaker on future stays came up with this hotel. I only stay at Comfort Suites and Holiday Inns because their rewards programs are both great and I travel 2 to 3 nights weekly for work and can choose where I wish to book. Between these 2 chains about 1 in every 8 to 10 hotels from either chain will require an incidental fee. Im at a different hotel every night when I travel and accumulated holds on my card are a waste of time to keep up with and to always have revolving holds on my card. The gentleman at the frost desk was very peasant and polite but would not waive the incidental fees after a brief discussion of my issues with the hotel holding money on my card. He advised the hold is $50 per night (WOW!!!) and that they release it the next day. However, my financial institution does not release the funds the next day, can be somewhere between 3 to 10 days. The front desk gentleman advised everything at the hotel is free but they ask for this card hold because the hotel is smoke free. I advised I do not smoke but he insisted on running my card. Although the hotel was decent (not modern and looks like it was a different hotel at some point) I will not stay here again because of incidental hold on my card. This is 2012, hotels now run cards but will not put a hold, but this location may be a couple years behind on this "technology". In the 3 state territory I travel I now have the ability to log notes on my stays and the ones with "INCIDENTAL MANDATORY" I will not stay at again...looks like this hotel has the do not stay at again notation on my travel site. Wake up people!!!!! Another lost client……more lost revenue.

Room Tip: $50 incidental holds!! Who has time for this?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our weekend stay here. The hotel was full to capacity, and we were treated like we were the only guests there. our rooms were very clean as well. We left home without our tooth brushes, and my razor. Brian at the front desk gave us some on the house. The breakfast bar was very good, pancakes, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit, etc. It was kept neat , clean, and full. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: I would advise not staying in room 133, as the fitness room is right next door. If you like to sleep...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hotel was recently updated and was very clean. The elevator looked a little creepy, so I took the stairs instead. It was only a 2 story hotel, so no big deal. The room had a king size bed and a fireplace. I didn't use the fireplace but the bed was AMAZING!! I loved everything about the bed...the sheets, the comforter, the mattress, the pillows (there is two soft and two firm pillows). The room and bathroom was nice and spacious and clean. No bugs, hair, or things from other people. The TV was a flat screen and had a good picture. The staff was friendly and it didn't take long at all to check in or out.

I gave this hotel four stars though because there was no fridge. I didn't know this, so I went to the store before hand and bought some cold stuff and ended up having to use the ice bucket and turn the air down as far as it would go and put the rest in front of the AC unit. Other than no fridge, I would have given this 5 stars. Also, it seemed a little expensive for just one night, for a standard king room with no fridge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night and we liked the hotel. The room was very clean and it was exactly as the pictures. The bathroom wasn't so clean. I found hair in the toilet. I think the bathroom should've been inspected more carefully. Other than that, the hotel was good. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, even though it was included.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Holiday Inn Express, Huntersville/Flat Rock, NC, is a good location for attending a performance at the Flat Rock Playhouse and visiting Hendersonville and Asheville, NC. The hotel was clean and quiet. The pillows were a little "lumpy." The breakfast was the usual offering at this hotel chain. We wish the coffee was a better quality. The staff was welcoming, and made our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and were assigned a room on the top (second) floor, back side; although w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Musicrack
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel.
This hotel was a five minute drive to downtown Hendersonville. We had booked a wine tour and wanted to enjoy the Main Street after the tour, so we chose the Holiday Inn Express for it's location and Holiday Inn Group reputation. The hotel was quite busy, so to be fair, the noise on the floor above was mostly children running uncontroled. The hotel itself was nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was average at best. The lady servicing the breakfast area worked very hard to keep up. I did not try the pool, or the fitness room, we were busy elswhere. I would consider it on a return visit, but I will look hard at other travelers reviews to find one a little better.
Food and drinks
Be sure to enjoy the Historic Downtown. We parked at the visitors center and walked to Two Guys Pizza & Ribs ( Very good ), Hannah Flanagan'sPub ( Great place ), and Mezzaluna's Pizza ( Brick fired Pizza and the best Draft Beer Choices in town).
Attractions
Travel In Wine Tours www.travelsinwinetours.com ( Great time, see our review on Trip Advisor )
Falderal Winery ( Located downtown )

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor, it cuts down on noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramada Hendersonville
Ramada Hendersonville
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!