“Great Burgers and Ice Cream”
Review of Slackers

Slackers
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Torrey
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Oakwood, Illinois
“Great Burgers and Ice Cream”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We eat at slackers everytime we go to Capitol Reef. The service is good, the food is great, and we love the license plates that decorate the restaurant. This restaurant closes during off season.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jewella72

Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Better burgers elsewhere”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

They advertise themselves as the best burgers in Utah so we were expecting a good meal. We were disappointed. A double Wendy's burger or a Chili's burger is better than the two that we had here. Not close to the best in Utah.

• Visited October 2013
Massachusetts
“The Locals Eat Here!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

So you know it has to be good! Someone at the Red Sands Hotel recommended Slackers for a good meal. As it was just down the road, it was already beginning to appeal to me. There was a great selection of possibilities posted but how can you go wrong with curly fries; cheeseburger toped off with a root beer float? Eating solo I was engaged in small talk with a table of regulars. It’s too bad I only had one day in Capitol Reef, as I seriously wanted to try some of the other menu items.

Visited September 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Nice people, well-priced and good food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Torrey doesn't have much in the way of restaurants; and they all seem overpriced. We had a hamburger and a chicken sandwich for dinner, which came with fries. The cook was nice enough to make up a small green salad for us. And the milkshake was excellent!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 364santafeguy
Colorado, USA
“Excellent burger”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I ordered the garlic burger (one was a veggie patty) and it was amazingly smothered in garlic. It was one of the best veggie burgers I've eaten (but I'm quite partial to garlic). The curly fries were nothing to write home about, and the rootbeer float was good, but not amazing, but the burger more than made up for it. If I ever find myself in that part of the world again I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited October 2013