“Great place to eat after a day in Capitol Reef!!”

The Rim Rock Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Torrey
Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“Great place to eat after a day in Capitol Reef!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our dinner at Rim Rock!! Really nice view as mentioned in the other reviews. Excellent hand-cut spicy fries. At first we were told that there would be about a 30 minute wait for 6:30 on a Friday night. After about one minute they came by and said that a table came available so we were sat immediately. My daughters blackened sirloin was a nice portion size and very tasty. I really enjoyed my pork chop. The blue cheese and bacon burger was really good. My wife enjoyed the ribs. Of course my ten-year-old and seven-year-old raved about the chicken strips. It was reasonably priced for a family of six. It ended up being about $115 with 18% for a tip that was added automatically--I'm glad the service was good so that was justified. I really appreciated the kids meals for $5.99. I would go eat there again if in the Torrey/Capitol Reef area.

Beacon Falls, Connecticut
“What a view”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The restaurant offers menu choices similar to a restaurant back home-not diner food on the open road. The dining area has picture glass windows on 3 sides offering panoramic views of the area-gorgeous. The views so breathtaking we returned at sunrise to photograph sunrise. The food was very good and the staff friendly- a very nice evening.

Katy, Texas
“Nice service but out of date”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Dining in Torrey has limited options. We were told the view was fantastic at Rim Rock. The service was wonderful and management came by to visit. The steaks were good quality and cooked to order. The wine list was horrible and would not compliment any meal. The restaurant was outdated and needs a facelift.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After a week of eating typical tourist restaurant food like burgers and fries it was great to find this gem opposite our motel. So glad to get the option of vegetables and baked potatoes and main courses that didn't contain cheese! The only slight criticism was that whilst our table had great views out the back, it was a bit dark when the sun went down with only a single candle to light it. Didn't have to worry about seeing the food though, I already knew it was good. Pecan pie was great.

Visited October 2013
McLean, VA
“Best grill in town.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm big on atmosphere and view, and this place had them.
I don't remember what we had for dinner, but I'll always remember the view.
Very friendly place. We met a fun group of motorcyclists from Germany. Short drive from Sunset Point at Capitol Reef National Park, which shouldn't be missed.

• Visited September 2013