“Great hotel near wonderful parks!”
Review of Red Sands Hotel

Red Sands Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Torrey
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The bed was supremely comfortable, front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, the view from our room was delightful and the continental breakfast was quite good.
We felt well-cared for on our way home from a three week vacation in the southwest!
knd

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RedSandsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Red Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

We are very grateful for your kind review of Red Sands Hotel. We replaced each one of our beds (2013) with high-quality, resort style mattresses and box springs in hopes that our guests would find our hotel to have the best beds in the area. Thank you for choosing Red Sands Hotel and on behalf of our entire staff; thank you for staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Red Sands Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was a great place to stay after my long hike. The view from our room upstairs looking out to the mountains was beautiful and I could see the sunrise in the morning. It had the most comfortable bed I slept in on my whole trip. The hot-tub and pool was indoor and was wonderful and relaxing, It was a bit cold out side so I was glad they had a indoor hot-tub. The staff was friendly and very helpful, I ask the desk clerk about the hiking in the area and she was a great help about the hikes in the area and what to see on our way to Bryce. They have a nice breakfast, I had eggs, a bagel with cream cheese and OJ a great start for my day. I would definantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a upstairs room on the back side for better view.
1  Thank Hans H
RedSandsHotel, Manager at Red Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your comment, we are all glad to hear that your stay was great! The staff will be pleased to hear your great comments. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were traveling w/ a dog which makes things a little difficult. They required us to take a room w/ 2 queens instead of a room w/ a king. I'm not sure why, but many hotels do this for some reason. Do they really think we need a bed for the dog?? The room was taken up entirely by the beds & was way too small. The bathroom vanity was in the room & was the lowest I have ever run into. This was not an accessible room for wheelchairs. The vanity came to about 1 inch above mid-thigh. The toilet & tub were in a separate room which, to me, was claustrophobic. The hotel has very poor or no sound proofing. The water in the pipes for the bathroom next door was amazingly noisy for a modern building. I don't know if any of the rooms have jacuzzis, but it sure sounded like it! The woman who checked us in was none too friendly & seemed to take offense when we asked her about restaurants. She told us there were several & and named them. What she didn't tell us was that almost all of them were closed for the season. The included breakfast was limited but fine. Were I to find myself needing to stay in Torrey again, I would sleep elsewhere.

1  Thank Denise70

We are sincerely apologetic that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We have wheelchair accessible rooms and it is usually customary for the guest to request a particular room type. We have implemented additional staff training in hopes of improving guest experience. Last, we have made some additions to our breakfast including scrambled eggs and sausage. Thank you for taking the time to write in detail about your experience with us. We constantly working to improve our guests stay with us and value your opinion.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here. The front desk staff (owner?) was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel appears to be either new or freshly renovated. The view from our room was beautiful. Be sure to ask for a room along the back of the hotel. After dinner at Cafe Diablo down the street in Torrey, we spent some time in the hot tub. The pool room is decorated nicely with plants. It was very pleasant.

The breakfast room was very crowded in the morning, as a elder hostel group was visiting and they were apparently hungry. But we did manage to get a make-your-own waffle and some coffee.

Room Tip: The rooms along the back have an amazing view.
1  Thank KayakUSA

Thank you for your kind review. We have re-arranged our breakfast room furniture and added smaller tables to better accommodate large groups and individuals alike. We have also asked the front-desk staff to make our guests aware of when a group may be expected to be using the breakfast room to help our other guests to avoid a crowded space.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our visit at Red Sands was for 2 nights in September 2012. The room was great--very clean and comfortable with a small refrigerator, great king bed. The included breakfasts were OK. We used the swimming pool and hot tub--extremely nice! The location of this property is perfect for visiting Capitol Reef, and close to a few restaurants for dinner. As others have said, the woman at the front desk did not seem very friendly--such an easy and important change to make--however I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comment, we are all glad to hear that your stay was great! Its always appreciated to get feedback for our ongoing customer service training. We have made some great upgrades based on guests reviews including an upgraded FREE breakfast and new beds. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Red Sands came recommended and I was not disappointed. It's pretty basic, but I got a good night sleep. My room was clean and I felt like I got good value. And when I returned a few days later, I received a 10% discount.

The breakfast isn't great but worked - coffee, bagels, cereal - not a big deal. I'd stay there again if my travels take me through Torrey.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eortman
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Clean rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff. Great for day trips into Capital Reef and a clean room to shower and sleep after a long hike. Ongoing upgrades and renovations will only improve the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrey
Capitol Reef Resort
#5 of 6 in Torrey
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
#1 of 1 in Caineville

Been to Red Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!