“We hope to visit again”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Torrey
Frostburg
“We hope to visit again”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We loved the area and enjoyed the hikes. Our room was very comfortable. The pool was cold, but the hot tub was great. The waffles were delicious. The fruit cocktail was good the first morning, but it was old on the seond morning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
salt lake city, UT
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Very friendly, great deal, only $69 with AARP/AAA, clean, but the beds in our room were horrible, very old, very soft, back hurt in morning.

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here one night and felt this was a good choice for those visiting the area. They have a decent indoor pool and jacuzzi, a decent breakfast in the morning, and nice rooms. Sort of reminded me of a Hampton Inn if you are trying to seek a comparison. It wasn't very far to drive to Capital Reef's beginnings from the Western side, maybe 10-15 minutes. Also, it wasn't far to other restaurants if so desired. I would recommend it. We drove by some other motels that had Capital Reef in their name, but they really were not signficantly closer in the event you think by paying more it is a better location.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were in town for a bike race and the hotel was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and very accomodating to our special needs (ground floor room and late check out). Rooms were clean and breakfast was good.
We will definitely stay here when we race again next year

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My stay in Red Sands Hotel was nothing but excellent. You see, my original reservation was with another hotel but their system
got somehow messed up and I ended up having to look for a new one. It was such an awful experience to start my trip but thanks
to my iPhone and Google, I found Red Sands. They were very accomodating and helpful. I stayed there for 3 nights in the King
suite that includes a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker, all very handy especially if you're photographer like me. I spent
most of my days outside exploring Capitol Reef National Park and was exhausted by the time I get to my room. It was nice to
unwind and relax in their jacuzzi after the long hours. Their free breakfast was quite nice too- waffles, boiled eggs,
toast and bagles,cereal and milk, fruit juice, and coffee. Next time I will be in Torrey, I will surely stay with these people again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterMalone
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and three children. I believe their pricing is the cheapest among other hotels in Torrey, which is obviously good for me. I loved the comfortable atmosphere, it felt like a second home to me and also the hospitality of their staff were top-notched. It was very handy to stay in Red Sands because Capitol Reef National Park was not so far away. My family had a blast. After the whole day of hiking and biking, our family enjoyed their pool and jacuzzi. My husband and I are big coffee drinkers so the 24hr coffee access was a really neat idea. And, of course, we all enjoyed our free complimentary breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AnnS1975
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed at the Red Sands Hotel for one night. I cannot say that I felt comfortable although it is nothing really wrong with that hotel. The staff was friendly, check in and out was easy, the room and pool were clean and W-Lan was available, although it was slow. Location is good to visit the Capitol Reef NP and the cost was okay. There are two things to complain: breakfast was very little and didn’t taste well and the smell of the room was really bad. Also TV was not the best. There was a fridge but no microwave or coffee maker. Coffee was available in the breakfast area. Overall the atmosphere was missing and so I will look somewhere else next time.