“Chocolate and coffee oasis!”

Castlerock Coffee & Candy
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Torrey
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a treasured find for a Seattlite in Utah...espresso and chocolate in the desert! Very good and friendly artsy vibe.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Based on all the fine reviews we stopped by about 8:00 in the morning for a couple of lattes. About 30 minutes later we walked out disgusted with some poorly made products. The woman who started to wait on us (the one so proud of her tattoos) almost threatened me when we arrived inside the shop and I asked where we should place our order. It was not clear since a local seemed to be placing his order at what I assumed was the pick up counter. I was not in the least upset, I just wanted to make sure we were in the correct line. But she managed to get me to upset. Her response was simply "I will get to you when I can and you are asking for trouble if you are in a hurry. " huh? I just asked a question. She continued to work oh so slowly. There was a guy also working who clearly was not happy with her performance (or lack thereof) and eventually he stepped in and started to help the people in line. Eventually we got our drinks but if I had not been in need of a coffee fix we would have left immediately. That woman is definitely in the wrong business. Maybe it was her bad day, maybe she isn't a regular employee, maybe whatever.... All I know is that I never have to deal with her again. I never said anything to her or the other guy about the service since I knew it would fall on deaf ears. Maybe the owner of the shop will read this and take some action.

2  Thank Travel_Pin_Man
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great Coffee, Smoothies, Sandwiches, Cookies and Candy. Had the mango smoothie and the carrot orange smoothie during our 10 day stay in Torrey. Both were excellent, along with the turkey/avocado sandwich. We tried and fell in love with their ginger cookies and as a gift from our hotel, we received chocolates from Castlerock and was it amazing!!!! Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent coffee, great breakfast and sandwiches - really excellent, locally made chocolate as well in unusual flavors! Very popular, so be prepared to wait in line if busy.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Visited twice during our stay in Torrey, the staff was friendly and there was a wonderful selection of coffee and menu items, I fell in love with the Mexican Mocha coffee. We did have the time to enjoy breakfast one morning, I had the Sante Fe breakfast sandwich and my husband had the crepe special, both were delicious.
The second time we stopped in it was quite busy so we ended up sharing a table with a couple of folks who had just finished a 60 mile backpacking trip. It was a lot of fun meeting and talking with them about their adventure.
I would recommend a stop to Castlerock Coffee on your way to Capital Reef National Park for some delicious coffee, you never know when you might meet a new friend.