“Perfect location”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Torrey
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
“Perfect location”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

When you go to the Capitol Reef area, this is a good plce to stay for a night. Excellent location close to the national Park and very nice views on the mountains. The rooms are pretty basic but adequate. We had a suite, but it offers not much more than a standard room. Restaurant is good for dinner but bad for breakfast (it's complimentary and that shows, go elsewhere to eat in the morning).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josbob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Hebrew first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 10, 2009

This is a nice motel, but I'm not clear how they define it as a resort. Because it has a tennis court and basketball court? Perhaps. It's a reasonably nice motel that is very convenient to Capitol Reef National Park. The exterior is pleasant, although I think their description that says it is "nestled on lush lawns and gardens" is a bit of an exaggeration, although the scenery of red rocks is beautiful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think the price is a little high for this style of motel, although its location may be the reason. The high-speed Internet access was excellent. The on-site restaurant was quite good -- a bit homestyle, but my Mexican food was excellent.

The room was large, but basic with a king sized bed that was rather sway-backed...but at least it was very firm, as I like it.

This is a good motel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This was my first visit to Capitol Reef National Park, and as I started planning my trip, I realized there were few choices for hotels in the area. I chose Best Western because it seemed to get decent reviews and I could earn airline points. The hotel is nothing exceptional, and seems rather run-down from the outside. The room was a basic motel, with a metal door opening to the outside. The furnishings were very basic. Although the room was clean, the bed and chair were not particularly comfortable. I noticed a computer in the lobby for internet access. My room had a balcony, which was lovely, but I didn't spend much time in the room. The best feature of this hotel is its proximity to Capitol Reef. It is about a mile to the park, and 6 miles past that to the Visitor's Center. If I were to visit this area again, I would probably consider other hotels as well. Although there was nothing really wrong with this Best Western, it was not the most comfortable hotel either.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Have just got back from a 3 week trip around the parks. 4 adults in their mid to late 20's.

This was one of the surprise highlights of my trip. I thought of Torrey just as an overnight stay en route to Arches from Bryce via scenic route 12. We didn't really allow any time for a stay in Capitol Reef but as we arrived early we had enough time to do a trek, see sunset/sunrise and the scenic drive in the park itself.

The BW hotel was cheap -50 odd dollars for four people.
I wasn't expecting much but the room was large, clean, comfortable, free wireless, free parking. There is a pool, jacuzzi and tennis courts but didn't have time to use them.

A word of warning about Torrey - not a lot here, there is a petrol station (reasonable) and a subway and a few restaurants around there but they all close early. I remember reading that slackers was good but found out it closed at 7!!!

Across the road from the hotel is a nice looking restaurant but we just shared a giant pizza in a bar (directly opposite hotel) and had a few drinks. - $9 for 6 bottles so that aint bad!

Also a big shout out to the manager, Chris. She was nice and offered to split our breakfast with us due to a bit of a cock up and really didn't need to do that as she already offered me the choice of a room with a jacuzzi but we opted for no charge for additional 2 people as we had only said 2 were staying. Later when we had checked out she let me use the phone to make a call out of town

I'm quite picky but would stay here again and try the restaurant across the road out.

I also recall this being the closest motel to the park so if you want proximity for sunset/sunrise I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Horse2099
san francisco
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We passed thru Torrey on our way between Arches and Bryce Canyon. The room was clean and updated with a beautiful view of the mountains. The hot tub was a bit chilly, but its still early in the season. The staff was outstanding. We left a backpack in the room with valuables in it when we left. When I called later that day, they were very helpful and sent it to our house intact the next day with no hassles. It's so refreshing to receive honest, prompt service these days.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank etshih
moab,lut
Reviewed March 29, 2009

This was a great place and we will come back as often as possible. My only complaint is that there is no microwave and fridge (i guess they want you to eat in their restaurant...we didn't) and that the hot tub could be a little hotter with less chlorine and the towels were skimpy. The bed was super comfy...did not want to get up.

The setting is magnificant and the service was fast and fiendly. The grounds and rooms are clean...the staff seems to take pride in their work.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moondragon23
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We, a party of four, spent one night here in mid-September, 2008. A very convenient location just off the main road to/from Capitol Reef NP. Check-in was quick and efficient. The bedrooms were large and comfortable, and had great views to the north over the lovely sandstone scenery of this part of Utah. The only downside we found, was some noisy plumbing, but it was very quiet at night.
The next morning, as we prepared to leave, one of our party accidentally locked the car key in trunk. The hotel receptionist was very sympathetic and helpful in finding a mechanic to come to hotel, and unlock the car for us.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Arandale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrey
Broken Spur Inn
Days Inn Torrey Capital Reef
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
#1 of 1 in Caineville

Been to Capitol Reef Resort? Share your experiences!