I rate it excellent and write such a strange title... because this place is very special to me. The red rock surroundings are breathtaking and mesmerizing... and the view is excellent from this location outside of the small town of Torrey. This last visit (I've been here three times), in March, was kind of cut short because of a storm coming in... and while Chris, the manager, upgraded me to having breakfast, I could not stop to eat.
Perhaps that might be my only complaint about this special 'resort'... it's wonderful if you don't have to get out early in the morning and can sit and enjoy the view out the restaurant's windows and a breakfast you have to order and eat there; but if you have to get out and are 'on a roll'... a breakfast buffet is much preferable, with food you can grab and get going. So this negative for me only applies when you're not staying beyond breakfast. Just had a 'too late now' thought... and I guess I'd have to ask the motel, but perhaps there might be a 'bagged' breakfast for situations like this???? Wouldn't a breakfast burrito be perfect for that! Just an idea for the motel... don't go there thinking they do have it.
Because I'm not a summer person, and arrived earlier than their busy season... I did/could not take advantage of their pool and tennis court, and perhaps other things they provide as a resort. But everyone is so nice and helpful, and the rooms have such great views...some better than others. So just check it all out.... and see suggestion below.
THIS IS NOT A PAID PROMOTION!!!....As a member of the Best Western rewards (and two other chain memberships), I urge travelers to join motel chain memberships; it helps them as you choose them, but it also helps you because you can get benefits (free nights or gift cards, etc -- as there are times of special promotions and they'll email you about them). Also, going to the actual chain's website, there are often several kinds of discounts you can take advantage of.... and much info about amenities and photos.
Anyway, that is one reason why I first came here and have returned. I'm so thankful that the memories are so vivid inside my mind!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starting at check-in, you'll love the cozy, clean and sophisticated rooms that offer abundant amenities, including cable satellite television with Starz(R) and Encore(R), a coffeemaker, free high-speed Internet access and much more. Make your stay extra special by booking a Garden Suite, a mini-suite or a room with a balcony or Red Rock Cliff views. With Chimney Rock Restaurant located on the premises, a delicious meal is never far away. Just one mile from Capitol Reef National Park, you can explore almost 100 miles of natural wonders, including cliffs, canyons, domes and natural bridges. From Hickman's Bridge and Fishlake National Forest to Anasazi State Park and the Prehistoric Petroglyph, there are many other stunning sights to see and they're all within about an hour of this Torrey hotel. Additionally, enjoy easy access to all the area's parks, where you can delight in hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and photo tours. Love outdoor adventure? Our property puts you in the perfect location, as we're situated in the Grand Circle of National Parks - plan a day trip to the Grand Staircase, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park or Zion National Park. Situated right off of Highway 12, enjoy exploring so many more attractions and being able to easily get where you're going when staying at this Torrey, UT hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Capitol Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Capitol Reef Hotel Torrey
- Best Western Torrey
- Torrey Best Western
- Capitol Reef Resort Torrey, Utah