This hotel is located a few miles outside of Torrey, UT across from another hotel (can't remember the name). The rooms are OK, clean, a little dated. The wireless internet worked great even though it was very windy the evening and morning that we were there. The TV had one fuzzy channel but the rest were clear. The beds were the typical motel hard. There was a nice view of the typical red rock formations that you see in this area. There is a new gas station just a half a block from this hotel in an area where gas stations are sparse. The restaurant (I think it was called The Red Mountain Restaurant) was very pricey for the quality of the food. My husband ordered the ribeye for $23.95 and it was tough and gristly. His baked potato fell into crumbles when he tried to cut it into two pieces lengthwise. It was very overbaked. Their menu lists alcoholic drinks available. I asked for a vodka martini on the rocks with an olive and was directed, by the waitress, back to the menu that listed five drinks. The waitress said that those five drinks were all that they had the ingredients to make. They didn't have all the ingredients (4 if you count the ice) to make the martini that I had requested. If my husband and I were ever to stay at this hotel again, we would try the restaurant across the road at the other hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starting at check-in, you'll love the cozy, clean and sophisticated rooms that offer abundant amenities, including cable satellite television with Starz(R) and Encore(R), a coffeemaker, free high-speed Internet access and much more. Make your stay extra special by booking a Garden Suite, a mini-suite or a room with a balcony or Red Rock Cliff views. With Chimney Rock Restaurant located on the premises, a delicious meal is never far away. Just one mile from Capitol Reef National Park, you can explore almost 100 miles of natural wonders, including cliffs, canyons, domes and natural bridges. From Hickman's Bridge and Fishlake National Forest to Anasazi State Park and the Prehistoric Petroglyph, there are many other stunning sights to see and they're all within about an hour of this Torrey hotel. Additionally, enjoy easy access to all the area's parks, where you can delight in hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and photo tours. Love outdoor adventure? Our property puts you in the perfect location, as we're situated in the Grand Circle of National Parks - plan a day trip to the Grand Staircase, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park or Zion National Park. Situated right off of Highway 12, enjoy exploring so many more attractions and being able to easily get where you're going when staying at this Torrey, UT hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Capitol Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Capitol Reef Hotel Torrey
- Best Western Torrey
- Torrey Best Western
- Capitol Reef Resort Torrey, Utah