All reviews typical days inn gas station indoor pool comfortable stay second floor small town room was large beds were comfortable after a long day capital reef strips miles junction park utah np
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Being a Days Inn I went with not many expectations. And I would say my expectations were not exceeded.

As chain hotels go this one was really on the lower end. It's relatively new and the rooms were not bad. But overall it had a negative quality to it.

It was like someone tried to build an upscale (chain) hotel and then forgot about it and let it slide. In addition to the famous diahhrea sign on the pool was the fact that both the pool and hot tub were covered with blue plastic. Useable on request I guess, but that seemed like a lot of work.

A good number of the machines in the breakfast room were inoperable and had out of order signs that looked like they had been up for quite a while. The breakfast, even for a continental was pretty weak.

It's certainly a OK place to stay if all you need is a bed. And in Torrey, that may be enough. But I wouldn't go two nights, or even expect to kick back at all.

Room Tip: No elevator to second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bruno7250
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Basic Days Inn. Nothing fancy, older, clean, large room, comfortable bed and we slept well. Phone in room did not work but front desk allowed me to use their cordless phone. Breakfast included cereals, waffles and a few other items. Not an extensive buffet but we didn't leave hungry. This was my second time to stay here and I would stay again. The location is convenient to Capitol Reef Nat'l Park.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

The receptionist don't seem to take too much because they hang outside the whole time. Our room was real loud and you could hear the laundry machines the whole night. Breakfast was ok but there was always no place to sit. It has no elevator and that makes it hard to get your luggage into the room. I would recommend the other chain hotels which are only a couple miles down the road eastbound

2  Thank LucGO
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is a very clean, bright and well kept motel with friendly staff.
Wifi worked well. (many motels promise it but fall short)
Breakfast was the standard choice of cereal or waffles- plenty for us.
Will definitely stay here again when in the area!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We've made a point of staying at the Days Inn, Torrey on every trip through Utah after the manager went out of his way to help us, when my husband was taken ill.
The motel is in an excellent location. There is plenty of parking. Next door is a gas station, convenience store and Subway.
Everything about our stay was good, except that the room had not be properly cleaned. Since the rest of the property looked fresh and cared for, I believe this was down to one not-so-careful housekeeper rather than the house policy. The table had crumbs and trash from a previous guest, and the windowsill had a layer of dust.
This room had ample electrical outlets, which is unusual. Power strips had been added, which allowed us to charge cell phones, camera etc and use our computer.
There are two computers in the lobby for guest use.
Breakfast was good, although I personally would have liked to see more fresh fruit.
There were two people checking guests in when we arrived. One obviously knew what she was doing, and was very good at it. The other was probably on his first day and didn't have a clue. I don't think he should have been been checking guests in, without help. It was a bit frustrating for us, but that will be a temporary problem. He'll soon catch on.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. If you have heavy bags, avoid the rooms in the middle of the second floor (ie the furthest from the two stairwells.)