“Local folk favorite”

Dining options: Lunch
Description: Fresh local seafood Lunch and dinner Beer and wine
“Local folk favorite”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate here twice while we visited Harkers Island. We loved the sweet tea, but the food was merely ok. The tables have plastic covers and you are served in plastic baskets with plastic silverware. The prices are not that cheap.

Visited September 2013

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
“Feels like home”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Small quaint little diner. I explained that I'm a light eater and they recommended a half order. They only charged me half the amount. $5.50. It was enough food for me.

The service was great and it felt like my mom coming to check on me.

I think the water tasted a little funny.

Food was hot and good. All fried.

• Visited September 2013
Northern Va
“"Could have been better”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I guess I wasn't impressed with the face that the dinner prices are on average $12.95 with 2 hush puppies and 2 sides. But what I didn't like was the fact that they served the drinks in styrofoam cups and all dinners came on plastic plates and my friend had ribeye steak and they gave her plastic knife.
REALLY. COME ON in this day and age. Maybe thye are to cheap to buy a dishwasher but all the plastic and styrofoam in the landfills, plus I just think the presentation would have been better on nicer dishes and even plastic glasses.
Note they have no wine or beer. The Captain's Choice across the street does and they serve on really dishes but it was Labor day and they were closed.

Visited September 2013
North Carolina
“Good food but very unwelcoming - What's wrong with the people on this island??”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Walked in and we just stood there. A few ladies behind the counter saw us but never said anything to us..so we asked if we seat ourselves and were told "no there's no room to sit at that time"..so ok we waited for open table. (Major turn off to me when you walk in a business and the staff sees you but doesn't greet you.) Our waitress was friendly. Ordered clam chowder hamburger steak and sweet potato fries. All was good but the DOWN EAST CLAM CHOWDER. I've grown up in eastern nc and my fav way to have chowder is down east style but at this restaurant it was very bland...its just not good. Do not order it! Overheard another worker tell a friend (customer) that the day had been bad because of "all these people" (being busy). Overall my biggest let down was the attitude of the workers and honestly in general from most of the locals on the island made us feel really unwelcomed, like they didn't want us there.

• Visited August 2013
Pennsylvania
“Yummy lemon pie and mashed potatoes”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We picked up boxed lunches to take over to Cape Lookout. This is a hidden gem! We got a buffalo shrimp wrap which was very good, mashed potatoes with gravy and lemon pie. All were delicious. Miss Kaye makes the homemade pies right there in the kitchen with REAL ingredients. The employees are friendly and the food is good. We will definitely be back. This place was also featured in Southern Living Magazine.

• Visited August 2013