“Not as good as I had hoped!”
Review of Fish Hook Grill

Fish Hook Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Fresh local seafood Lunch and dinner Beer and wine
Greenbackville, VA
“Not as good as I had hoped!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First of all, I want to mention there are lots of politics on this adorable little island. We were immediately told by locals to go to Fish Hook, NOT Captains Choice. So, that's what we did. Very tiny place that serves no beer or wine, something I enjoy on vacation! The food was average, but the service was strange. I felt lots of forced smiles and not very welcome. I did enjoy the Buffalo Shrimp appetizer. Don't think I'd go back....just wasn't impressed. I asked around to understand why they sent everyone there, and it seems the owner once worked for the owner of Captains Choice and they had a falling out. Not a fair way for them to recommend a restaurant. We ate at Captains Choice for dinner once and breakfast, and it was very good!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank emstitcher

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Great Seafood and best ever burgers”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husbands family has enjoyed having a home on Harker's Island for many years. The Fish Hook Grill is a great place to grab lunch or to enjoy a very tasty dinner. In fact, the burgers are the best I have ever had! If you love crab cakes you are in for a real treat and the "Down East" lemon pie is a yummy way to finish any meal. The seafood is wonderful and just as good( if not better) than many places in Beaufort or Morehead City. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Andrea B
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Food is okay.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I am sad. Sad because there really isnt a good seafood restaurant on Harkers Island. Spend the time to go to better ones in Beaufort or Morehead City.

Their clam chowder is terrible. I literally couldnt eat it. The scallops were good, and their shrimp was okay. Service was pretty good.

1 Thank booshkie1
Clemmons, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheese Burgers in Paridise”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Best cheese burgers on the planet. Very friendly people too. WIFI was nice also.
The Leinbachs

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Todd L
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Place for the locals!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I found this place while on a trip to Cape Lookout. I have a book called "Back roads of Northc Carolina" and it was highly recommended in the book that I stop "Down East".

Small town, local people working in the joint, ONE waitress for 10 tables or so. I don't know how she did it. (the waitress) Sweet sweet local lady waiting on the hungry church crowd that all seemed to show up all at the same time. I just wish there was a sign that said "please seat yourself" so that way us newbies/non-local folk aren't standing there like idiots blocking the entrance.

The food was good and the prices were good as well. I had a cheese burger........WITH..... COLE SLAW?!? Is that cole slaw??? LOL! I forget I'm in the south. Still tasty (after scraping the cole slaw off) and it was only $5.95. It comes with chips but they ran out so they upgraded our side with french fries! score!

Service is slow, but she again was really nice and was doing the best she could.

Give this place a whirl when you're Down East!

• Visited June 2012