“Great Seafood and best ever burgers”
Review of Fish Hook Grill

Fish Hook Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Fresh local seafood Lunch and dinner Beer and wine
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husbands family has enjoyed having a home on Harker's Island for many years. The Fish Hook Grill is a great place to grab lunch or to enjoy a very tasty dinner. In fact, the burgers are the best I have ever had! If you love crab cakes you are in for a real treat and the "Down East" lemon pie is a yummy way to finish any meal. The seafood is wonderful and just as good( if not better) than many places in Beaufort or Morehead City. Give them a try, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Andrea B

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I am sad. Sad because there really isnt a good seafood restaurant on Harkers Island. Spend the time to go to better ones in Beaufort or Morehead City.

Their clam chowder is terrible. I literally couldnt eat it. The scallops were good, and their shrimp was okay. Service was pretty good.

1  Thank booshkie1
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Best cheese burgers on the planet. Very friendly people too. WIFI was nice also.
The Leinbachs

1  Thank Todd L
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I found this place while on a trip to Cape Lookout. I have a book called "Back roads of Northc Carolina" and it was highly recommended in the book that I stop "Down East".

Small town, local people working in the joint, ONE waitress for 10 tables or so. I don't know how she did it. (the waitress) Sweet sweet local lady waiting on the hungry church crowd that all seemed to show up all at the same time. I just wish there was a sign that said "please seat yourself" so that way us newbies/non-local folk aren't standing there like idiots blocking the entrance.

The food was good and the prices were good as well. I had a cheese burger........WITH..... COLE SLAW?!? Is that cole slaw??? LOL! I forget I'm in the south. Still tasty (after scraping the cole slaw off) and it was only $5.95. It comes with chips but they ran out so they upgraded our side with french fries! score!

Service is slow, but she again was really nice and was doing the best she could.

Give this place a whirl when you're Down East!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Some of the best hush puppies I've had anywhere! My wife had a down east barbecue sandwich while I opted for the more mundane grilled ham turkey & cheese sandwich. Both were excellent and a good value

1  Thank Transplantedyankee05