“Very cozy and warm”
Review of Bibber's B&B

Bibber's B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kotzebue
Bibber's B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Kotzebue B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at Bibbers twice - before and after our caribou hunt. Jean is great. She is very accommodating and friendly. The beds are clean and warm. The dining area and living room is very comfortable and functional. If I ever end up in Kotzebue, Alaska again Bibbers is where I would stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank littleflowerjme

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at Bibber's B&B twice following canoe expeditions on the Noatak and Kobuk Rivers (4 and 2 nights respectively in 2012 and 2013) and will stay there again next year. Jean Bibber is friendly and professional, the rooms, baths, kitchen and common areas are comfortable and clean with cell phone reception and WiFi - Best accommodations in Kotzebue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank PaintNPaddleStudio
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I echo what most of the other reviewers had to say. Though the shared bathroom wasn't as clean as I would like. The owner was very nice and helpful. Community space upstairs with kitchen, table, living room area and TV is nice. there is not much at all for the breakfast part of the B&B, so bring something to make or eat out. was also a bit unsettling that you could not lock your bedroom door, and the door to the outside was also unlocked.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fuzzybradams
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here one night during a 2 week tour of Alaska. Compared to B&B's and inns in Alaska, this place is very good. it was clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was use of a living room area and a kitchen. The owner is very nice and provides breakfast items on request. I thought it was a good value for the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckBrooks
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been staying at Bibber's B&B six times per year (7-9 nights each) for the last five consecutive years! Perhaps that is enough said, right? I am in Kotzebue for work and simply would not even consider staying anywhere else. Bibbers is clean, quiet, business-oriented, and operated by an owner who emphasizes safety, privacy, and friendliness. The facilities are updated with new paint, new fixtures, and new furniture as needed. I have always felt welcomed and fondly refer to Bibbers as "my home away from home." Bibbers makes my job much easier.

Room Tip: Six times a year, Room #3 is mine!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lori P
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Bibbers B&B is small, respectable and clean. We stayed there on a hunting triup. The proprieter likes to interview hunters to ensure that they will maintain quality. It's the best value in Kotzebue, not the cheapest, but you get the most bang for the $.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kerry K
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is coming from someone who's traveled around the world for both work and pleasure, and is used to staying at varying levels of accommodations.

Everbody in Kotzebue (small village) knows where this is--and this is probably the best, most affordable place you can find. It's not to say it's nice. I paid about $135 or so a night. The rooms were mediocre at best, although it had everything one needed. The couple who were taking care of the place were nice folk, and helpful when I called to reserve a room.

Calling it a bed and breakfast only tells you what kind of conditions to expect, but there definitely is no breakfast. The fact that they have some cereal and pop tarts in the kitchen does not mean breakfast to me, especially when you are off to a hard day's work.

It's basically like staying in an apartment with a couple rooms and a shared bathroom downstairs, and then a living space upstairs with a small kitchen. Everything is very old, including the carpet and bathrooms, although you do have cable television. The internet access hardly ever worked, so that was a problem many times. The walls are fairly thin, but nobody else was staying there anyhow. They have signs up everywhere about the various rules and regulations, that you can't do this and that, but it's not like there was anybody there to enforce them. Make sure you give plenty of time for paying your bill, it took like 20 minutes for them to process my credit card, so I'm glad I did that well before I left for the airport.

I visited the Nullagvik hotel to eat at the restaurant, and wow I was amazed at how nice it was. I wasn't ready to pay $260 a night for it, but it was light years ahead, and incredibly new.

You don't get a key, nobody in Alaska uses keys I guess because it's safe, especially up in a native village like Kotzebue.

This is a small village in the arctic, so don't have expectations of your average travel experience elsewhere. It's definitely a unique experience here, and one that I can appreciate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank dzigavertov

Been to Bibber's B&B? Share your experiences!