“Service abounds!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Service abounds!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

An unxepected visit to the town of Manteo off season, enticed me to stop by Ortega'z for a late lunch. I had all the attention of my server who was very sweet and helpful. Anything I wanted, she'd see if it the kitchen would do it. Problem was, I wasn't real hungry enough for most of her entree recommendations. I started instead with she crab bisque. It was fine, but, not the best I've ever had. (Burton's in VA Beach recently impressed me with THE Best she crab soup.) The little pita chips though on the side were homemade and yummy. To accompany my soup, I ordered their chips and salsa which I found very good. Lunch specials that day all seemed to include soft shelled crabs, which I love. So, I asked if I could have just one. After a quick check in the kitchen, she delivered a "no problem" to me. They sent out two actually, which were the smallest crabs with long legs. (Suitably sized for the wrap or Poor Boy featured for the specials offered.) Point is, I really couldn't get a sense for the flavor. Again, my server ask me what type of sauce I wanted on the side. When I mentioned an "aoili" sauce, she wasn't sure what that was, but, was willing to check with the kitchen. She ended up bringing me two delightful sauces, fresh homemade cocktail and a creamy chilpotle. All in all, Ortega'z did not disappoint me. My fault I didn't have the appetite for a conventional lunch dish. I will return!

Woodbridge, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ortega'z - also for catering!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We've enjoyed dining at Ortega'z since they opened. Good food, good wine. Love the fish tacos and they always have fresh fish. But we also call them early in the day to order some sides of whatever vegetables are fresh and in season. Then we stop by about 5 and pick up our sides which go perfect with the seafood we caught or bought that day. Delicious vegetables and roasted potatoes. Makes a cookout much easier! Donna

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cass2794
Richmond, Virginia
“Surprised and Extemely Pleased”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Outside was dark, questionable if open, stepped inside and was surprised to see so many people enjoying their meals and social interfacing. We were immediatley
addressed and seated within one minute. Our server Anna was outstanding and'
suggested several nightly specials which turned out to be outstanding.
Do request to be seated in the far right room, avoids the cold draft when the
front door is opened. Stopped back next afternoon and again received immediate
attention, sat at the bar and service was again great. Outstanding She Crab soup.

1 Thank Dan1597
Manteo, North Carolina
“A locals favorite”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Ortegaz has become our Friday night spot. Constantly fresh, and to their credit when I did have an issue they promptly made it right. Not only can you get a great full meal for less than $10 (and after 6PM), but they have a nice bar, good service, and a neighborhood feel.

Visited January 2013
Edenton, North Carolina
“Great She Crab Soup!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overall, this place is pretty awesome! I was in and out for a quick lunch, but my server Ashley was great! Very friendly, great service, couldn't ask for better! The She Crab soup was quite yummy! I could eat a bowl!

The fish tacos were pretty good, but I'm used to flour tortillas, not corn. I just don't like the texture. Portions are very filling. Cute atmosphere. I like it!