“Couldn't have been more pleased!”
Review of Scarborough House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
Scarborough House
Ranked #9 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Couldn't have been more pleased!”
Reviewed April 18, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Scarborough House Inn for three nights, during Easter weekend. The house is charming, the yard is naturally beautiful, and the room was spotlessly clean and comfy. We had a room in the main house with a twin and a queen bed. The antiques and decor of the room were much nicer than the photographs indicated. The location is great, too. It was our first trip to the Outer Banks...just wanted to check it out during the off-season, without the crowds. It's just minutes from Nag's Head and the beaches, but we liked being in the outskirts a bit. The Christmas Shop, just blocks away, was unbelievable. There were great places to dine nearby as well. The downtown area and docks were just around a bend on a back road, making it a great location for walks. And the price was unbelievably low for such awesome accommodations. We enthusiastically recommend this B&B!

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed June 20, 2004

I stayed with Sally & Phil during August 2003 while in town for a friend's wedding. They are incredible people and generous hosts. The room was furnished bueatifully (by Sally) with antiques to give the guest just the right feeling of old world charm. It was like staying with old friends!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2004

Where do I start? We have just returned from a great trip to the Outer Banks of NC. We planned our trip at the very last minute, and on Memorial day weekend, so we had just accepted that we would be taking the bottom of the barrel as far as accommodations go...WRONG! I started calling down for weekend accommodations on Friday night. I visited a website that had links and listings for a number of B&Bs throughout the Outer Banks. I started calling the places which looked the most promising, but had initially skipped over the places which looked way too expensive for our budget, and especially on a last minute type thing. Well, just goes to show that you can never tell until you ask. Some of the "more affordable looking places" were VERY expensive! I just couldn't believe people were paying those prices for those rooms! But those places were full, so just I decided to just try calling some of the "really nice and expensive" looking places. So I picked the place that I thought looked the coziest and prettiest, which was The Scarborough House Inn. I was SOOO surprised when she quoted the peak season price! It was very reasonable! The room was in the guest house loft and had a king sized bed as well as a garden tub. It was very cozy with plush bedding and a comfy bed, antiques throughout the room, windows to let in the sun during the day, but yet wood blinds to keep it out in case you wanted to sleep in. What I especially liked in the room, was the mini fridge fully stocked with bagels, muffins, cream cheese, jams and jellies, applesauce, coffee, and OJ. The room had a kitchenette with a microwave, sink, and coffee maker.

The grounds outside looked like a storybook garden. There were stepping stone pathways with flowers and plants and a fish pond filled with floating lillypads.

The location is also perfect. Just around the corner from the waterfront and all the shops and restaurants, and just down the street from the bridge which will take you over to Nags head, another charming beach community.

The other thing about this place which is perfect, is the fact that it is just down the street from the airport. My husband is a pilot and we prefer a plane as our transportation on many of our trips. If you too prefer to fly in, The Scarborough House Inn is just a little ways from the Manteo Airport, and once you arrive, Mr and Mrs Scarborough will let you use one of their bikes for the duration of your stay. I'm not sure if she does this for everyone, but Mrs. Scarborough gave us a ride back to the airport whenever we were ready to go home.

I would highly recommend The Scarborough House Inn to anyone in search of a great cozy retreat at the Outer Banks!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk

Been to Scarborough House? Share your experiences!