“Elegant and comfortable beach getaway...perfect in every way!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
The Burrus House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My second stay in as many weeks and it couldn’t have been any better!! I can’t stop raving about it. I have been coming to the Outer Banks for over 10 years and just found this gem. The entire inn is absolutely lovely from top to bottom. The interior is beautifully appointed, feeling very luxe and comfortable at the same time. If I had a beach house of my own, I would want it to look and feel just like this! The inn has a very unique architectural design with exceptional space planning. Not only can you enjoy quiet seclusion but there are plenty of common space areas to gather if you vacation with friends or family. The owner knew what he was doing when planning a “home away from home” ….only BETTER…where you can feel pampered and relaxed. I can’t remember ever going on vacation and feeling like I would rather stay in and enjoy the accommodations rather than hit the beach or see the sights! I can’t think of a better compliment for the wonderful owner and staff (the kindness of the staff was the icing on the cake). BTW - There are fireplaces in every room, so my husband and I can’t wait to go back later in the fall, for a totally different beach experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOVEManteo
There are newer reviews for The Burrus House Inn

Reviewed September 7, 2010

My wife and I were looking for romantic getaway. The Burrus House Inn was exactly what we needed. The bed was heavenly. The staff were so friendly helpful and accommodating. The sunrise and sunsets painted the sky across the water.

The Burrus House Inn is beautiful inside and out. The location is great too with easy access to local attractions in Manteo. It's also a short drive to great locations like Nags Head, Kitty Hawk and Corolla.

The only place we enjoyed as much as the Burrus Inn was staying on a cruise ship.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weekendretreatcdc
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We booked this last minute for my birthday and a combined business trip. The Inn keeper picked up a cake, champaigne and flowers that we requesed for my birthday, which very nicely done. The rooms were beautiful and looked very nice. The beds were comfortable and the views were great over the sound, especially at night. We would have stayed longer, but we wantd to spend some time at the beach. For the price you pay it is a very good value and would definetely recommend if you do not need to be at the beach. It is very convient to downtown Manteo, which has fine dining some shops and offers a very nice sunset sail in the sound, which we enjoyed. It would have been nice if the inn offered a continetal breakfast in their common area, but they did provide coffee and bagels in your room.A outdoor pool and hot tub would have sweeteend the deal also, something possibly they may add in the future. Overall very nice nice staff that is very accomadating and would highly recommend without hessitation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buckeyetravelgirl214
Reviewed July 4, 2010

After having our wedding ceremony on Coquina Beach, my wife and I held our reception at the Burrus House Inn. We had stayed there twice before and loved it. The location is wonderful - a great view of the bay. The Inn itself is beautiful...hardwoods throughout, spacious and comfortable rooms, and plenty of places to sit and have some time to yourself. For the reception, Vicki and Donna Mae were incredibly helpful and accommodating - everything went wonderfully.

We will be returning to Manteo and to the Burrus House Inn for many years to come.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gbm5
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Fantastic suites and great views! Highly recommend for couples/families who like McDonalds. Not recommended for single women. Bring everything you need/want-no services or ammentities, not even a soda machine, so come prepared and you'll have a great time.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annshaw
Reviewed April 17, 2010

As I turned into the drive of the Burrus House Inn beside the McDonalds I was a bit apprehensive. But, my mine was at ease when I walked up the steps into an amazingly warm and welcoming lounge and was greeted by one of the most helpful inn keepers I've ever had. Vicki had me checked in and carried my bag into my room within minutes. She helped with local restaurants, points of intrest and even allowed time for a friendly conversation. Traveling alone can be quite lonely and it's always nice when someone extends a friendly hand. After returning from an early dinner I sat and watched the water that was so full of life. The Burrus House Inn has the most spectacular views of the Manteo Bay and just made my trip to the Outer Banks a journey to remember!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank foodlady12
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The Burrus House Inn is the perfect spot to relax and spend time in one of the most beautiful places in America. This quaint Outer Banks Inn is perfectly set on the water of a blue bay and the amenities are first class. The Inn Keeper sets a gracious style and provides special extras. Enjoy the fireplaces in the rooms even on cool spring mornings. What a lovely place to be! Thanks Burrrus House for your warm Outer Banks Inn.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank soontobeagona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast
Cameron House Inn
Cameron House Inn
#1 of 9 in Manteo

Been to The Burrus House Inn? Share your experiences!