“Fabulous OBX Getaway!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
The Burrus House Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
AZ
“Fabulous OBX Getaway!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this lovely Inn! Beautiful view and everything was perfect! Vicki is terrific and all her recommendations enhanced our time in Manteo! A highlight was our pontoon ride with Captain Randy - a gorgeous afternoon and we learned so much! We highly recommend this beautiful inn, Vicki, Captain Randy and watching sunrise from your private porch! Pure bliss!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This inn was an amazing place for peace and relaxation. My husband and I stayed for the weekend and had the best view in town. The room was so nicely decorated and the private porches were perfect to see the sunrise. It is in a perfect location to visit many areas in the outer banks. Vicki the owner was hospitable and accommodating and so fun to talk to. You will not want to leave. Thanks Vicki for a great time!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I simply cannot say enough good things about this place. My husband and I along with another couple came here for some "quiet" time to rejuvenate our souls. We run a dog rescue and things are chaotic 24/7 to say the least and that's on top of our full time jobs. This place fit the bill 100 times over. I got up in the morning and took my coffee down to the little dock they have and took in the quiet and the beautiful views of the water..In the evenings we sat out in the sunroom with our wine and watched the sunsets. It's a nice walk to downtown or you can drive it in 2 minutes if you prefer where several nice restaurants await and more awesome water views! If you still aren't relaxed after all this, there is an over sized jacuzzi tub in your suite that will get you ready to hop into that awesome king sized bed!
Vicki is awesome, we are already making plans to return in the fall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aida W
Powells Point, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I rented the entire inn this past September for family to stay at for our wedding. We also used the beautiful inn for our wedding parties to get ready in the day of the wedding. We all know having both sides of a new family coming together can be a little overwhelming, however the staff at the Burrus house made our stay a breeze! They couldn't have been more accommodating to our crazy request. They even allowed me and my 10 bridesmaids to get ready in the beautiful peacock room! I'm a local of the Outer Banks and I've never stepped foot in a more beautiful place!! My husband and I are planning on returning to celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary there!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kbkeith92113
Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Vicki set us up for a wonderful 5 yr Anniversary weekend at her gorgeous Inn. Every stunning room faces the water with beautiful views of sound, birds, trees, and boats. The porch was comfy and a great place to have coffee each morning. The walk into Manteo was a nice hike and we enjoyed the views along the way. We ate an incredible anniversary dinner at 1587 in town, shopped and had awesome gourmet coffee at "The Front Porch Café" (Vicki recommended). The room was so spacious and beautifully decorated, the king size bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed the kitchen area to make coffee and tea, also having a fridge for wine and water was great. Nothing beat the jetted tub bath we soaked in for at least 2 hrs. A short drive to public beach access gave us a nice walk on the beach and to finish off our stress free, romantic trip, Vicki set us up with her friend and Captain Randy for a 3hr pontoon boat ride. WHAT A TREAT! Not only was Capt. Randy knowledgeable about all the beautiful yachts and fishing boats but had some hilarious stories of small town life. Even though it was a bit chilly we didn't feel the cold for all the fun we were having. All in all I can not wait to return to the Burrus House Inn and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing time. A side note, we have stayed at a higher priced B &B in the town of Manteo and there is no comparison to The Burrus House Inn , it was the better option, room size, hospitality, personal service, beauty of furnishings and little extras in the room as well as the best part...the views! Look no further for the best stay in Manteo!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view but we stayed on the top floor (if you don't mind the steps) in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karin W
New England, North Dakota
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Beatrice Estelle suite was our room. We had to climb about three flights of stairs So we packed accordingly as they told us in advance that was the case. The view was worth it. There are pictures here of this suite and it is beautiful and so well appointed. The entire place is exceptionally clean!!! We could not get Wi-Fi in this suite but they gave us access to an empty lounge. Coverage was spotty And think that issue could be easily resolved by the hotel. The suite just had a rather small TV mounted up high that you could almost see from lying in the bed. Oh, btw, this place is for liberals only. If I remember correctly there was only MSNBC on the cable lineup:) seriously!!! LOL! We found the bed in this suite so hard we barely slept all night. Even though the room was beautiful, I could not spend another night in that bed. In my mind it needs an egg crate mattress pad beneath the sheets.
The hotel was hard to find but just look for the McDonald's and it is exactly right behind it. It was still quiet back there and there And plenty of trees to shield you from the light from McDonald's so it's no problem. There is no food available so it is not a B&B, but just a B:) We toured around the hotel and the decor In each room was equally beautiful. I am sorry That even though my eyes were dazzled by the beauty of this place, I could not return there just because of that bed.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank zoelikesit
Tidewater, VA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The staff is wonderful and helpful though they push a mediocre restaurant nearby when you check-in. The room was actually a 2 room suite with a bathroom with a jacuzzi. It was finely appointed, well stocked with coffee and a real coffee maker. The view from the private balcony is breathtaking at sunrise and sunset. The floors were recently polished and extremely slippery which required constant vigilance to avoid slipping. The oddest feature was a tiny tv placed on a high shelf in the living area. The screen was no bigger than a computer screen which made it impossible to watch from the bed and almost impossible to view from the sofa in the living area. The location is the only down side to the Burrus House. It is located outside the town of Manteo, not within walking distance on a road full of strip shopping centers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PamPamTulip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
Cameron House Inn
Cameron House Inn
#2 of 9 in Manteo
The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Burrus House Inn? Share your experiences!