“Short Stay at a Beautiful Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
The Burrus House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a night to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. After looking at several options in Manteo we settled on Burrus and couldn't have been more pleased! Room and bathroom were beautiful and we loved the views we got to take in while relaxing on our private deck and watching a storm blow in over the water. Very laid back and quiet here, which was just our style. In addition, all necessities in the kitchenette were thought out, with a bottle opener/corkscrew in the drawer for the non-twist beer we picked up on the way in. Would definitely stay here again and have already talked about how nice it would be in the fall!

Room Tip: We stayed in Amelia Delnoy. Super spacious with beautiful views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
There are newer reviews for The Burrus House Inn

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Beatrice Estelle suite on the third level. As other reviewers have noted, this suite is wonderful. It is beautifully furnished with everything you need for your stay. A kitchenette with granite countertop, sink and microwave, a separate living area with a leather loveseat with an orential rug. The bedroom is also beautifully appointed with a king size bed and sitting area. Then there is the bathroom!! You will love the double sinks and the shower for two. There is also a jacuzzi for two as well. We have always wished for a bathroom like this when staying at B&B's and inns!

The suite has several decks. The main deck has a settee and two chairs which looked to be made of teak. The views are absolutely wonderful. We love nature and found the deck to be a great place to view all of the wildlife in the area. We spotted an osprey's nest, saw a raccoon and numerous egrets. There was also a pair of Canada Geese with their goslings of which I was able to photograph.

I also have to mention the fact that tropical storm Andrea was in the area. Vickie was so accomodating and anticipated our every need. She furnished us with an umbrella and flashlight just in case. The weather ended up being great aside from a little rain. Vickie also gave great dining and attraction recommendations.

We loved everthing about the Burrus House Inn. If you are looking for a place that is peaceful and relaxing with great proximity to town and many restaurants and shops, this is it. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a room at the third floor with two great balconies overlooking the bay and Manteo. It was wonderful to sit outside at night and in the morning, hearing nothing but crickets and birds. Inside the room is very spacious, with a small kitchen and living room, a large bedroom with a very comfortable bed, and a beautiful bathroom with a king-size shower and a jacuzzi. Our room couldn't be better. Breakfast is not included, but the owner is happy to give tips on restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I were married in manteo in April 2012 and spent our first night at the Burrus house (arriving by boat). It could not have been more ideal. Fireplaces, hardwood floors, romance, intrigue -- it's all there. Vicki is super helpful and even gave us wedding ideas as we were making plans. We went back to Burrus this year to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and hope to return again soon. We miss it.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent a beautiful weekend in this fabulous Inn, indifferent to the chilly evening outside and enjoying the view, with the warmth of a fireplace. Elegant and cozy! First class construction and appointments----everything is top drawer and it's one of the nicest B&B's we've ever visited. Can't say enough nice things about it.

Room Tip: Reba Irlene was gorgeous
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blountstreetadvisors
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love to stay at the Inn. It is in a quiet location overlooking the sound with beautiful views. The rooms are cozy and relaxing. I have never slept better in my life. I find the Inn the best place in the world for me to escape from the everyday stresses, hustle and bustle of life. It is a wonderful place to recharge your energy. Vicki is very knowledgeable about the area and always a joy to talk to. I hate when is time to leave but always look forward to many return visits.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've said this before and I'll say it again...the Burrus House Inn is wonderful. It's not a place to go for hyperactivity. It's a place to go and relax. Snuggle. Introspection. Peace of mind. Clearing the coconut. That's what Manteo does for you. It slows everything down. Gives you time to think of the many things you would enjoy...or rather be thinking of. They give you space at the Burrus. Maids aren't knocking on your door every hour. For me it's all about a peace of mind when I visit. It's quaint, sophisticated, subtlety elegant, romantic, quiet and clean. Think of the time when you didn't have to lock your door. That's Manteo. There's not a better place to stay on the Outer Banks. My opinion of course but you don't have to believe me....try it for yourself. Me thinks you'll be going back again and again. It's good ole fashion down home comfort

Room Tip: Number 2,3 or 9.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank drumset6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast
Cameron House Inn
Cameron House Inn
#1 of 9 in Manteo

Been to The Burrus House Inn? Share your experiences!