“One of the most beautiful rooms where we've been”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
The Burrus House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
“One of the most beautiful rooms where we've been”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a room at the third floor with two great balconies overlooking the bay and Manteo. It was wonderful to sit outside at night and in the morning, hearing nothing but crickets and birds. Inside the room is very spacious, with a small kitchen and living room, a large bedroom with a very comfortable bed, and a beautiful bathroom with a king-size shower and a jacuzzi. Our room couldn't be better. Breakfast is not included, but the owner is happy to give tips on restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I were married in manteo in April 2012 and spent our first night at the Burrus house (arriving by boat). It could not have been more ideal. Fireplaces, hardwood floors, romance, intrigue -- it's all there. Vicki is super helpful and even gave us wedding ideas as we were making plans. We went back to Burrus this year to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and hope to return again soon. We miss it.

Stayed April 2013
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent a beautiful weekend in this fabulous Inn, indifferent to the chilly evening outside and enjoying the view, with the warmth of a fireplace. Elegant and cozy! First class construction and appointments----everything is top drawer and it's one of the nicest B&B's we've ever visited. Can't say enough nice things about it.

Room Tip: Reba Irlene was gorgeous
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank blountstreetadvisors
Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love to stay at the Inn. It is in a quiet location overlooking the sound with beautiful views. The rooms are cozy and relaxing. I have never slept better in my life. I find the Inn the best place in the world for me to escape from the everyday stresses, hustle and bustle of life. It is a wonderful place to recharge your energy. Vicki is very knowledgeable about the area and always a joy to talk to. I hate when is time to leave but always look forward to many return visits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've said this before and I'll say it again...the Burrus House Inn is wonderful. It's not a place to go for hyperactivity. It's a place to go and relax. Snuggle. Introspection. Peace of mind. Clearing the coconut. That's what Manteo does for you. It slows everything down. Gives you time to think of the many things you would enjoy...or rather be thinking of. They give you space at the Burrus. Maids aren't knocking on your door every hour. For me it's all about a peace of mind when I visit. It's quaint, sophisticated, subtlety elegant, romantic, quiet and clean. Think of the time when you didn't have to lock your door. That's Manteo. There's not a better place to stay on the Outer Banks. My opinion of course but you don't have to believe me....try it for yourself. Me thinks you'll be going back again and again. It's good ole fashion down home comfort

Room Tip: Number 2,3 or 9.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank drumset6
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This past weekend my boyfriend took me to The Burress House Inn for three nights. I have been to Manteo several times and was unaware of this beautiful hidden gem. The innkeeper Vickie was there to greet us and was delightful. When we walked in our suite ( #2) the lamps were on for us, temperature set and classical music coming from a Bose player in the bedroom. I was first struck by the elegant warm colors and classy decor, just beautiful and so comfortable. There was a fireplace and a kitchenette that we put to good use. The bedroom and bathroom was beautiful. ( Double sinks, double headed shower and jacuzzi tub.) The big treat was the view from the room. It overlooks the Sound.The balcony was accessible by both the living room and the bedroom/ bathroom. The coffee shop and grocery store are walking distance and later when we went for our walk/run we ventured into charming downtown Manteo. Our stay was truly wonderful. We had such a lovely weekend and would highly recommend The Burress House Inn to anyone visiting the Outerbanks. Thank you Vickie! We will be back!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Bett2024
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife are I were disappointed that we had not discovered this inn during our many past trips to the OBX. We were satisfied in every aspect. The view from our third floor suite was tremendous. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the stand alone gas fireplace was a great amenity. We will add The Buress House Inn to our short list of places to stay while in the OBX.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bkelmartin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
#10 of 13 in Nags Head
Cameron House Inn
Cameron House Inn
#1 of 9 in Manteo

Been to The Burrus House Inn? Share your experiences!