“Very Nice!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
The Burrus House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife are I were disappointed that we had not discovered this inn during our many past trips to the OBX. We were satisfied in every aspect. The view from our third floor suite was tremendous. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the stand alone gas fireplace was a great amenity. We will add The Buress House Inn to our short list of places to stay while in the OBX.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bkelmartin
There are newer reviews for The Burrus House Inn

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were in town for the Outer Banks marathon. A few weeks earlier we were looking to reserve a place to stay and we happened to find the Burris House Inn online so we booked it. We arrived in Manteo to a complete power outage. I called the Inn and the Innkeeper told me that she would drive to meet me and guide me in from wherever I was. But, soon the power was restored and we found the Inn ourselves. We knew we made a good choice. The innkeeper greeted us. Very funny and nice lady. She showed us all around the inn and took us to our room. We were impressed. Great sitting room with a fireplace that came in handy. Big king bed. Huge bathroom with shower and soaker tub. Outside was a deck with Adirondacks for simply relaxing with our bottle of wine and looking at the beautiful waterfront. Jockeys Ridge was visible in the distance. All the amenities were provided to make this a wonderful visit. And the inn is in walking distance to downtown Manteo and just a short drive to Nags Head. Any way you look at it, this place is excellent. If you're new to the area and don't know where to stay, book a room at the Burrus House Inn. You'll be happy with the choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jwellsman
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband I always have a great time and it very relaxing. Beautiful and walking distance to downtown Manteo. Very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are great and cozy beds and fireplaces. I can't wait to go back. Short driving distance to beach and the main land. The owners are great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I checked in to the Burrus House for the weekend. It was a fantastic experience. The room was beautiful, clean, well-maintained, with exquisite views. It was very peaceful and quiet and the owner was very helpful with recommendations for dinner. The room was also much larger and more comfortable than either of us were expecting.

Room Tip: We had room #9, was great, top floor, corner, quiet I think next time we are going to request #3...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M B
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Waterfront, clean, very quiet, peaceful and relaxing. close to everything. Best place to stay in Manteo bar none! Great size rooms and baths, Bose radios playing classical music in the room when you arrive, gas fireplaces/woodstoves all the details. I have stayed there about 5 times, off season, in season...cannot be beat!
I love it!! Vickey is the best!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OBX4lifefan
Reviewed July 17, 2012

From the moment we arrived, our stay couldn't have been better. The Inn was gorgeous, serene and meticulously clean. The rooms even smelled beautiful, and the ammenities were top of the line, from the furnishings and fixtures, to the high thread count linens and Bose sound system tuned to classical NPR.

The suite had everything you could want; kitchenette with bar, separate bed room with closing door and a huge bathroom with an amazing jacuzzi with water views, plus two private balconies with stellar views of the sound and the wild life.

The Hostess Vicki could not have been more welcoming. And when she called us at check-out time, it was NOT to hasten our check out process, but to tell us to stay as late as we wanted, because there was no one coming to stay in the room that day!! We were so happy to have the room longer and be able to swim and clean up before our late flight. That has never happened to us before!

We just wanted to stay forever:)

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank vlgst9
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Getting ready to book our second stay at the Burrus House Inn. Girlfriends went there last year to meet another friend who was performing in "Lost Colony". It was the BEST place to stay. Wonderful common areas and decks overlooking the water. Couldn't be better for catching up with friends.

Room Tip: I was in the Beatrice Estelle. My friends and I had all three rooms on this level which made it pe...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kathryn S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
The White Doe Inn Bed & Breakfast
Cameron House Inn
Cameron House Inn
#1 of 9 in Manteo

Been to The Burrus House Inn? Share your experiences!