“Boring trip”

Crystal Dawn & Country Girl Fishing & Cruises
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We went out on the morning fishing trip, it was quite disappointing. Out of almost 50 people on the boat, only 1 person caught a small fish to take home; everyone else got these tiny fish that had to be thrown back in the water. It takes almost an hour to the channels and the captain keeps moving the boat to various spots, still no fish was bitting. We went to various spots for like 10 -15 mins each, no much action anywhere. It was disappointing. Will not do this again.

4  Thank leert99

Reviewed June 21, 2009

A friend and I went out on the Country Girl on 6-10-09 and absolutely enjoyed the fishing trip. The only thing that customers should be aware of is while you are told that on a 7:00-4:30 full day fishing trip you can expect approximately 5 and 1/2 hours of fishing time, only one side of the boat fishes at a time. Obviously this is to try to reduce tangled lines under the boat, but this is the first headboat I have been on where this was the case. Overall we would recommend the Country Girl, but be advised that the fishing time is not what you are told at the beginning.

2  Thank ohioeagle9
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Rough seas made for a long trip but well worth it. Caught tons of dolphinfish, deck hand and capt. know how to find the fish!

Reviewed August 8, 2008

The mates on the ship are lacking in people skills and are especiially impatient with children. They seemed more concerned about the condition of their fishing rods than making sure the paying customers were having a good experience. One of the mates brought my 9-year-old son to tears. I would not advise choosing the Crystal Dawn if you have children under 14.

6  Thank Daddyman_8
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I have been out on several head boats across the US. While the Crystal Dawn was definately the cleanest and best organized, the fishing (or should I say catching!) was non-existant. I went to the local bait shop before going out to get some extra bait and pointers. The boat provides (old, frozen) squid for bait, however the bait shop recommended blood worms (which I picked up). When calling to make the reservation I was told that we are "catching flounder, croakers, spot and blues right now." This was a complete and total lie. Out of 14 people on the boat we brought home ZERO fish. Had I not bought the bloodworms -- I would not have even had a bite. Granted the weather has been crummy there -- but to not have one "keeper" on board????? As I left I heard the lady at the reservation counter tell people on the phone -- the same lie on what they were catching. What you are going to get on this boat is a $35 boat ride -- and that is all.

2  Thank CharlotteBuckeye