North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island

Beth M
Ravenna, Ohio
via mobile

1,325 results
All reviews shark tank sea turtles touch tank rainy day turtle rehab dinosaur exhibit horseshoe crabs large tank uss monitor injured turtles marine life nice exhibits gift shop great visit all ages few hours my favorite part
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This year was the second year in a row for us. Our kids, 2 and 4 years, love going. My son especially loves the dinosaur exhibit, which this year made our first year seeing that. Very cool. The staff is always extremely kind and informative. My favorite is the sea turtle rescue and rehabilitation center. Awesome place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went, it’s nice something to do on a rainy day, good for kids, they have some interactive petting pools.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was an interesting way to spend some time. They had everything from alligators to sharks, and fish to snakes. We happened to be there when the divers went into the shark tank to do their show and it was interesting. They also have a sitting area where you can watch the fish and sharks as they swim around without a care in the world.

1  Thank Sandra D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is a gem. Along with the usual aquarium exhibits, they display their exhibits in fun and unique ways. They have a turtle rescue center where you can see the turtles resting in their tanks and talk to a staff member about their recovery. They also have an area where you can perform diagnostic tests and provide treatment for a programmed plastic turtle. My 8 year old niece had a blast. You can walk through a sunken ship and see fish swimming around you. It’s a fun way to see and learn about river and ocean animals at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had read that it wasn't a huge aquarium, but still a quality adventure for the family! We found this to be true! The kids had all kinds of hands on displays to keep them entertained, from the turtle hospital, to the stingrays, to the hurricane wind tunnel. All the employees were answering questions the kids had and were very encouraging and friendly! Most of the staff were older ladies and very patient with children, I myself as an adult learned a lot and asked questions, quite a fun outing!

1  Thank horizonbts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to go to this aquarium as we had been to the other N.C. Aquariums and wanted to see them all! This one did not disappoint. Yes, it is a bit smaller, but it packs a punch! It is so well thought out, from the river area, to the Monitor display , to the sunken ship reef. The Turtle Rehab was an added bonus. The employees were so informative! Would highly recommend a stop here! Also a fossil dig outside and a very. Ice outdoor area and a pier!

1  Thank Mimi5620
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots of highly qualified staff and a good selections of programs and shows. I definitely recommend this aquarium and recommend you visit the sea turtle hospital.

1  Thank cryoung2
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The North Carolina Aquarium was fun to visit. Should be a great time for people of all ages. Has a turtle rehabilitation area with open bays for the turtles. Very informative. Can walk out to the sound and it was beautiful. Can see the wildlife in person too.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

It is on the small side but very nice and very interesting and has so very nice hands on activities and the volunteers are knowledgeable.

1  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Very nice place, small but nice. The kids very enjoyed, provide education and interactive. We visited in the off season, not crowded. Very nice Rays to patted! 3D theater. Great time!

1  Thank FamilyGuy4X4