“OK, I'll give you the sharks”

North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Manteo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Those sandbar ones look pretty menacing. The aquarium itself is kinda smallish and isn't worth the drive, unless you doing something else in Manteo, like going to Elizabethan Gardens. The admission price is pretty low, there is ample parking, and foodz everywhere you turn. I hear children love this stuff. As much as my girlfriend and I love the marine life, we couldn't stretch our stay over 30 minutes. Should they let us play with the otters, different story. Stingrays, really? They don't even know you pat them on the back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

996 - 1,000 of 1,174 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went during an off season time and was able to spend as much or as little time as we wanted to at each exhibit. This aquarium was one of the smaller ones I've been too but well worth the trip. The sharks and turtles were really great. we got to pet the sting rays which I think would have jumped in my pocket if I'd let them, very friendly.

There wasn't a lot of staff around to ask questions about the animals to though. The only people we could find were of the sales varity, and though we understand why it still would have been nice to have someone available to answer any questions we may have had.

We look forward to bringing our kids here some day.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had an amazing time at the aquarium! The staff were so informative and friendly! Once the otters woke up they were fun to watch and the huge shark tank was really active! Definitely a great stop on our vacation!

1  Thank cependell
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This aquarium may not be the biggest one that I have been to but it is very nice for the admission. Tanks have sharks and other standard species but also has a variety of local species. nice place.will return

1  Thank motman25
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It is not a huge aquarium, but it is very well laid out and the kids that were there were having a blast. Very clean tanks. Nice grounds.