“Very nice Restaurant”

Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE SEASON BUT WILL RE-OPEN FEBRUARY 28TH - NOVEMBER 11TH, 2018. Seasonal Hours: Open Wed - Sun, 5:00 - 9:00 pm Closed Mon & Tue nights Welcome to 1587 Restaurant! Here you will find World-Class chefs who blend the freshest of ingredients including herbs grown from the Inn's own gardens, today's Atlantic seafood, meats & fowl, and vegetables from the Outer Banks' finest growers. You'll dine in an atmosphere that is elegant but relaxed as you gaze through the large windows that frame a view of quaint Shallowbag Bay and a moonrise that is truly spectacular!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We loved this restaurant. The ambiance and location were lovely. The food was excellent. It was a pleasant dining experience with a kind, helpful waiter. We ordered the crab dip appetizer that was delicious.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We chose 1587 to celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary while staying at the OBX. With my wife's Mom in tow, we ventured in for at least our 5th visit there over the years. The food was really good.....our waiter, not so much.

With a splendid view of Roanoke Island Festival Park and Shallowbag Bay, the location is excellent. But the dining experience started out with a thud as the waiter heard our 'extra-extra dry martini' orders as 'extra-extra dirty' and we actually left part of the drinks after sipping the nasty things for over an hour....even if they were made with my favorite gin. My fault for not returning them, but after we had to return an incorrect appitizer order, I was a trying not to be too demanding/difficult. I had the leek/potato soup with a small portion of lump crab meat, and my wife had a caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes. The soup was outstanding, but the tomatoes in the salad were not quite ripe and didn't have that heirloom tomato taste we were expecting. The dinners were all great (grouper for my wife and I, and a large grilled pork chop for the MIL). The grouper dinners came with delicious roasted corn and fresh grilled okra, and small red potatoes that desperately needed some salt.....but none was on the table. The large grouper filets were perfectly pan seared. The pork came with mashers and a molassas sauce, as well as seasonal veggies, and the MIL was happy and full.

I asked my wife if I was talking loud enough for the water to properly hear the orders, and she thought I had spoken loudly enough. But he seemed to be distracted as his attention span was not firing on all cylinders. Also, would have normally ordered wine, but the wine list was small and very pricy for what they had, even though one of our favorite food wines was on it. We had two back at the rental house and was not going to pay more for one than the two we already had in hand !!!!!

This is still one of the top-end places to dine out at the southern OBX, but they should hire only exceptional waitstaff to complement their great cookstaff.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped for an early dinner (reservations are needed). Enjoyed cocktails and a wonderful meal. I had a shrimp/scallop pasta - nearly a bite of seafood in every bite. I asked for "light" garlic sauce as I did not want to overpower the seafood. It was everything I had hoped for. Tuna option was great as well. We split a salad with a blue cheese vinaigrette dressing which was delicious. No room for desert though. View from our table to the waterfront at Manteo. A wonderful way to spend a summer evening. (we did not stay at the "Inn", but it looks like a relaxing "bed and breakfast" for those interested.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very enjoyable dinner with good service. There was fresh basil on my seafood linguine alfredo, which was perfectly cooked. The waiter said the basil came from the garden there.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was not what I was expecting. The food was good but very over priced. The wait staff was kind and very at tentative. It had water front views as well.