“Great lunch”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Didn't get to sample the brews, but the shrimp and grits was very good. Everyone in our group enjoyed their food. Their service was exceptional as well.

There are newer reviews for Full Moon Cafe

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great food, great staff, great location. We loved sitting outside with a good brew and good food. The seafood and landlubber food were both delicious.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

What a disappointment. Bottom line, this brewery doesn't put in much effort because they are the only one on the island. High priced mediocre beer that was WAY over rated. Who charges TEN DOLLARS for a flight of four beers???

Calamari was not fresh, crab dip was glorified cream cheese. I do not recommend!

1  Thank Lindsay A
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We came here in middle afternoon on a Thursday to try some beer and a light lunch. My husband had the porter, son the blonde and son in law the brown beer. All enjoyed the beer. My husband had brewed his own beer for years and likes to try different breweries. The beers were $5.50 a glass. We each also tried a wrap. The beef with horseradish sauce, called the Hunter, was good but meat very chewy and tough to cut. One had a Caesar wrap and the other had a chicken wrap.
You have to pay $1.50 more to get fries instead of chips and salsa. The small amount of salsa doesn't even hardly do a couple of chips. And you do not get many fries when you substitute them, but I will say the waffle fries, while not hot, were very tasty. The guy that seated us was very nice even coming into brewery part to tell us a table had opened up. Seating in cafe is limited and the outside seating area was closed due to anticipation of rain that came a couple hours later. Lady in brewery very nice as was our waitress Pamela.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have been going to Poor Richards across the street regularly for some time. My wife wanted to give Full Moon Café a try. We went on July 5, with our daughter and two nephews.

They have lots of outdoor seating. Since we went at lunch time, and had lots of sun time already, we decided for an indoor table, but the outdoor seating looks quite good, with a view of the downtown Manteo strip. It’s not on the water, but it is still a nice area. The inside was small yet open, comfortable, but I imagine it would be less so if it were full.

We started with the crab dip. The chips were very good, a fried, crunchy pita. The dip itself was ho-hum, neither good nor bad. There wasn’t much crab, particularly in the bottom.

I had a tuna sandwich, which was very very good. They put a little bit of seaweed salad and ginger on the top. I had never had a tuna sandwich that way, and it was great. The tuna was fresh , not too fishy, and I ordered it medium rare. It was prepared perfectly.

My wife ordered a shrimp salad, she asked for dressing on the side, but it was drenched in a white sauce. I forgot to ask her how it was. But she did not complain.

My daughter ordered a noodle kids dish. It was listed at $5 on the menu (including the online menu which I am looking at now and the in-restaurant menu) but I have the receipt that says I was charged $6. This is irritating. It was basic mixed pasta (rotini, ziti) and red sauce, with a cup of shredded cheese. We got it with apple sauce, rather than chips.

One nephew ordered a Chicken Parm Melt Sandwich. He seemed to like it quite a bit. The other nephew ordered kids chicken tenders, which also appear appears in the menu as $5, yet we were charged $6 on the receipt.

I will say that the waitress Pamela was pretty good. She brought my 5 year old an adorable little tea set to play with while we were waiting. We managed not to break it. Pamela was fairly attentive, although I found a noticeable delay when the credit card was being process, it was long enough that everyone else left to walk around while I waited for the check to come back. She was friendly and engaging.

Overall, the food was pretty good, the service was good and the outside view is great. I am peeved about the overcharges. I wouldn’t have noticed, had I not pulled the receipt out to help me write this review.