“Good Food, Excellent Beer”
Review of Full Moon Cafe

Full Moon Cafe
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Hornell, New York, United States
“Good Food, Excellent Beer”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was totally charmed by our server calling my wife and me "Babies" each time she stopped at our table.

We stopped for lunch and found the cafe very busy. That surprised us as it was 2:00 PM on a Friday afternoon during the Outer Bank's off season.

The seating was a bit cramped and the decor was not as interesting as we had hoped. Our server was fantastic and even more so considering how busy she was.

The menu was full of diverse and well-described choices. As a vegan, I ordered a roasted vegetable sandwich, hold the Swiss cheese, and the house-brewed porter. The sandwich was good and probably would have been delicious with the cheese included. It was served with commercial tortilla chips with salsa. The beer was delicious - dark as you might expect, with a enjoyable sweet finish. Had we the time to do so, I would have had two.

Manteo is a nice little town with a very nice water front. Full Moon is in the water front area but not on the water. Even so, the outside seating would likely be very nice during warmer weather.

Full Moon Cafe is worth a stop - my experience is that you will enjoy a satifying lunch, great beer, an OK decor and some very sweet service.

• Visited March 2014

Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good beer”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food is really good and the owner is a very good beer maker. We eat there a lot during our summer vacations and always enjoy it.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Small Place Great Food!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The atmosphere was wonderful we had lunch and the selection was really good and tasty, they also were very kid friendly. My Husband and the other adults in our group enjoyed the attached brewery with the large selection of brews and enjoyed sampling the beers.

• Visited September 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great service”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good beer and food with a great atmosphere! My blackened scallops were too spicey so I did not eat most of them. Without me saying anything the owner sent out a half order of just broiled scallops for me on the house. That's great service that will definitely bring me back there!

• Visited November 2013
Campbell, California
“A Good Lunch Accompanied by Brew Pub Beer”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The selection of food for lunch was good. The food was well prepared the service was good and the food was very tasty. After we ate we visited the attached brew pub to sample their beers.

• Visited July 2013