“Great cafe for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We happened upon this cafe while walking around Manteo. We decided to have our lunch outdoors which was very nice. I chose the spinach and crab quiche with a glass of white wine and was very pleased with my choice. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich which was also good. The service was lacking though. We had to wait way too long for refills on our drinks. They just didn't seem to have enough servers that day. Because our food was so good, I would probably give them another try if in the area.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Cute restaurant area with indoor and outdoor seating, good service, quaint little area. The appetizer nachos are plenty for a table of 4. Enjoyable eating experience

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and in-laws really enjoyed this place. We were walking around Manteo and decided to try it for lunch. My lunch was decent but my father-in-law stated that his mushroom-swiss burger was "one of the best burgers" he had ever had.

I really enjoyed the beer. They offered at least 10 local types of beer (many of which were made right there). I enjoyed the stout and the Baltimore Blonde. They price for 20oz of beer is very reasonable and they have nice mugs to drink out of.

Our server Paula was very helpful and gave us great advise to choosing our drinks.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We enjoyed the micro brew pub for a drink and decided to go back the next night for dinner. But we ended up not staying as there was nothing my wife could eat. Most places now are able to accommodate persons with celiac disease.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went for lunch - had a reasonably priced Greek salad, which was offered with a side of hummus and pita toasts for an additional $3. When the salad and hummus came out I commented at what a large portion the hummus was, but given the large size of my dining companions meals, thought it in keeping with theirs. Had some leftover so asked for a to go box and started putting the leftovers in the box. All was good until the check came - instead of being billed $3 for the side as offered on the menu, the bill charged $8 - as an appetizer. When I brought this error to our servers attention she stated - I asked you if you wanted it with your salad or on the side - which I had interpreted as being brought , literally, on the side of the salad rather than served on top. I said no, I thought it was the side that was offered for $3. So she went and spoke to a colleague then returned to our table and said that since I didn't order it as the appetizer that I had to leave the to go box. When I voiced my incredulity to this, she sent someone else over, who said he would check with the management. They then proceeded to talk amongst themselves, feet away from our table while constantly looking at our table. The manager never came to discuss the matter with us. Instead our server came back to our table, said she had been told she had to remove the box, reached across the table with her elbows in my daughter and husbands face, and picked up the box from in front of me. Could not believe what was happening - don't care about the food but was APPALLED at the treatment we received.