“Great service and view”

Stripers Bar and Grille
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Is a premier service orientated restaurant welcoming all guests to a casual fun filled dining experience. Our Outer Banks cuisine will always be offered to our customers for lunch, dinner, brunch and in house catering, with a capacity to serve up to 160 people. It is our intention to treat everyone like a VIP. Finally, we are here to serve the customer . Hospitality and our employees is our greatest asset.Our mission, at Stripers Bar & Grille is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by providing quality products and service in a clean, fun, organized, friendly and unique environment. As a hospitality service organization, we will always strive to go the "extra distance" to please each and every guest. We invite you to come taste the fun and good times at Stripers.Give the gift of great food, good times and waterfront atmosphere. You can purchase Stripers Bar and Grille gift certificate cards in any amount you wish.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and view”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We ate here on our way back home because of the rating from Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We got there about 15 minutes before they were suppose to open but our server let us in anyway. She was very friendly and attentive. They truly have a view of the water from every table. I ordered the small plate of fried flounder and it was plenty to eat for me and it was terrific. Also the jalapeno potato salad was great and not hot at all. A must if your in the area.

• Visited May 2013

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great view!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

With a little luck, you will be served by bartender Amber. She is a delight and an example of superb service. The flounder sandwich should be a national icon; but, I would like it if the roll was closer to the size of the fish filet. And what views of the marina and sound! I just wish they had an area for families separate from the area for couples.

Visited May 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Half portions are a plus.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our first time at Stripers and will most certainly not be our last. The second floor dining room looks out onto a spectacular view of Shallowbag Bay. It was a quiet Sunday night, the service was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. My husband ordered the half portion of pasta alfredo with shrimp, and voted it one of the best he has ever tasted. He has a hearty appetite and it was more than sufficient food. The chef accommodated my wish for "1/2lb steamed shrimp, not too spicy". I also ordered the steamed seasonal vegetables (1/2 portion again) and they were perfection. A colorful medley of julienned carrots, red peppers, zucchini and green beans, cooked enough to be tender and crisp, but not overcooked. The small dish of freshly grated parmesan cheese was a nice touch. One advantage of half portions is that there is a small space left for dessert - my husband's favorite Boston Cream pie, and my apple crisp with icecream filled that space tastefully. Wonderful view, good service, delicious food, reasonable prices - we will be back.

• Visited May 2013
Tennessee
“Excellent Food, Equally Good Service, Beautiful View”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lunch at Stripers was my last meal in the OBX, maybe my best (before eating here, I'd reviewed Kill Devil Grill, which is also outstanding). It is the only restaurant where I ate that was right on the waterfront, with a lovely view.

I ordered the crabcake lunch, which came with two crabcakes (enough to take with me for a second meal). It was served with rice mixed with a few veggies and fresh broccoli, steamed just right! Whereas many OBX menus are filled with fried seafood and few, if any, healthful options, Stripers offers many choices that won't cause a heart attack.

Service was quick, efficient, and friendly. Prices were higher than in other restaurants I tried, but reasonable and worth a little extra for the service, view, and food.

It is set back a good distance from the road, past a complex of condos--so keep driving until you reach the waterfront.

Visited May 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“wonderful experience!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place is terrific, the food was excellent and so was the view! We had the rockfish Ruben, crabcake sandwich, and the crab chowder. I highly recommend all of these items! The restaurant is located between Mcdonald's and darrell's, drive back to the waterfront,keep right

• Visited April 2013