“Awsome Authentic Italian Food”

La Dolce Vita Manteo
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lucama, North Carolina
“Awsome Authentic Italian Food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I took my family there, while we were on spring break. My husband is very fussy about Italian food (he is from Italy and says no one cooks like his mama) and he ordered chicken marsala. He ate it all and even commented in Italian to the cook that it was almost as good as his mama's. We ordered Caprese (tomato, basil and mozzarella drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive oil) and every one LOVED it. I had a chicken Cesar Salad that had perfectly grilled chicken, fresh greens and a really rich and flavorful dressing. My father had a pasta dish that had a creamy rich sauce, which he loved. My mother had a wonderful house salad with a rich and "very flavorful" Italian dressing.

We really enjoyed our meal and loved the atmosphere of La Dolce Vita. The restaurant is a little off the tourist path, but well worth the extra 5 minutes to get there from down town Manteo.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nichole C

USA
“tasteless and terrible”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

this was the first eating stop for my daughter and me on our outer banks trip. we had high hopes after reading other reviews, but were terribly dissappointed. the place is so outdated. cheap decor. not worth a stop i ordered the chicken piccata. it tasted like tomato sauce had been dumped on top of a chicken breast, and some (much too spicy) flavorings mixed in. not what piccata is supposed to be at all! my daughter had eggplant parmigiana. she wondered how they could even call it that? it was basically an eggplant cut and again, sauce dumped on top. when she asked about the Parmesan cheese that was supposed to be on top, the waitress said it was just the stuff that was in the shaker that was on the table. did not even offer to bring any 'fresh'. we could eat it at all. a total waste of money. i would have rather have eaten at mcdonald's down the street, and i'm not even a fan of fast food!

3 Thank world1976
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fun place with great food!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The place seems a bit "hole-in-the-wall" but trust me when I say that it is totally worth it! The service was good, our waitress was fun and made us feel welcome. On friday and Saturday nights there is live piano music which is totally fun and worth it! The food was great! We probably would order different things but only to try more menu items not because we didn't love what we got. The red sauce is Very unique and amazing! We would go back just for the red sauce!

2 Thank summer_fun7
Newport News, Virginia
“Great food, great service, what else do you need”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were in one of the premier seafood locale and my wife wants Italian food. I checked my Tripadvisor app and it rated this restaurant in Manteo as the best Italian restaurant in the Outer Banks area. I looked up the address and it was not really that close to us but we decided to give it a try. We drove over in a bad thunderstorm but we managed to find the place.
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by several staff members and we were quickly seated at a booth. The restaurant is a little small but clean and cozy. My wife ordered the Chicken with artichokes and mushroom special and I had the Eggplant Parmesan. The waitress was friendly and helpful. She brought our entrée’s and they looked good, until the people in the next booth pizza came, once we smelled the pizza we both said we should have order pizza. However, both our meals were excellent.

If you are in the Outer Banks and you want Italian you can’t go wrong taking a trip out to this place. The next time we are in town we will be making it a point to visit again and order the pizza.

2 Thank NNWSLARRY
Richmond, Virginia
“"Excellent Meal"”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I had been to Outer banks many times but had never tried this restaurant. We were both very pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent and the food top notch. I'm sure we will visit again when in the area.

2 Thank vanessabeach