“Italian Pizza Rocks My World!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Dolce Vita Manteo
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Shelby Township, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Pizza Rocks My World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is my first time eating thin crust Italian pizza and it was outstanding! I will never eat greasy, thick and over-sauced "traditional" American pizza ever again. La Dolce Vita's pizza was fresh, with homemade sauce and top quality mozzarella cheese and cooked to perfection. Plus, the owners have cute little Italian accents and make you feel right at home. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Marina C

Virginia
“Great! Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went with my 6 year old and infant. Wonderful food. The sandwiches are sooo good!!! Tiramisu so yummy! It is my favorite dessert and I am picky eater but it was excellent.
To the previous reviewer with kids, anyone that orders Tiramisu should know it is made with alcohol, your waiter is not going to stop you from ordering and tell you how to parent. It is not the responsibility of the wait staff to tell you what you should and should not feed the kids. I think this is an unfair review because you are not use to home made Tiramisu.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank vacationgwoman
Manteo, North Carolina
“Watch your small children!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We visited this restaurant opening night and several more times since. The last time we visited in June our 4 year old was served Tiramisu. I didn't know this was laced with Alcohol until I took my first bite. My daughter had already had a couple of bites. The waiter was clueless and had not idea that there was alcohol in it. I emailed the owner and it took him 3 weeks to respond to my email. Once he did it was a response by phone to which he feels he did nothing wrong serving a 4 year old alcohol. Please be careful what you order for your small children in this restaurant!

By the way, the food started good, but has gone downhill. Pizza is terrible - soggy and very salty. I also had shrimp pasta which had frozen hard chewy shrimp! Avoid at all costs.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ks0520
Manteo, North Carolina
“Best food and service that I have had in the OBX =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

The services and food was outstanding =) Everyone was very friendly and made you feel like you were at home with family. The food cannot be explained in words. The thought about the food just makes your mouth water. I would suggest everyone to try their food but with warning once you have it you will continue to go back for more. Finially there is a great place to go and have dinner with or without the family.

Thank La Dolce Vita for coming it the Outer Bankers Area =)

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank nicolebella
Detroit, Michigan
“Just as good as Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently returned from a trip to Italy and I can say that La Dolce Vita is just as good as the original. Their tomato sauce is the best I've had. We had calamari as an appetizer-they were moist and tender with lots of flavor. The pasta trapenese we ordered was a smooth pesto with crispy eggplants on top. The pasta was aldente. The best part of the restaurant are the owners. They came to the tables and chatted with us in their Italian accents.

• Visited July 2011