“Great Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of OBX Biplanes

OBX Biplanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Offering flights over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina in an authentic WWII trainer, our T6 Texan warbird! Don't miss this experience to soar the skies in 'Sweet Sophia'. With flights from 15 minutes to an hour and room for one passenger, it's an opportunity of a lifetime!
Franklin, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Don't miss this. Very professional, clean and safe. Next time we would ask for more aerobatics. The scenery was great and just think, you are flying where it all began. Be sure to request the video, it is worth it. Have fun....we sure did.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience over the birthplace of flight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The whole family took turns on the 20 minute "Barnstormer" tour and loved it! When you are in OBX this is a must-do!!

Manteo
“A must do as part of the OBX experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've been a property owner on the Outer Banks for 25 years. This was the first Biplane flight I've done here. My friend and I had a fantastic experience, everything was perfect. The staff and pilot (Kenneth) were great. They treated us like we were the only customers they had, so much energy and excitement for us. I'll recommend it to all my friends and visitors. Open cockpit is the only way to go! Thanks again OBX BP.
Doug---Roanoke Island and Richmond, VA

Crofton, MD, USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The only way to fly at the Outer Banks! A must do!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Wow, an open cockpit flight at nearly the same spot Orville and Wilbur made their "open cockpit" flights 110 years ago! Absolutely the highlight of our week to the Outer Banks to celebrate our 20th Anniversary! Seriously, this really is a must do when here.... I know all of the other other reviews are telling you how cool it is and that you have to do it, but it really is that cool and you really need to do it! Kenneth was a great and very gentle pilot, as well as outstanding tour guide. We learned more about Roanoke Island in our 10 minute flight than we had over the 3 times we have been here! To give you an idea just how great this was, my wife was scared to death about flying in an open cockpit, but she knew I really wanted to do it so she went along. She went from scared to elated right after the wheels left the ground! She even got a T-shirt for herself (not to mention letting me buy one)! I have no doubt that the next time we are here we will book a 20 minute flight! Thanks again to the great team at OBX Biplane. You all really made our vacation!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Spielzeuge
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“OBX Biplanes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I had the most amazing time in the biplane on Father's Day 2013!!! We have flown many times over the OBX but this time we did aerobatics! We had a spectacular weather day for it and we did wing overs, loops and barrel rolls over the ocean. It was way more smooth than any roller coaster and the pilot ( very professional and personable ) checked on us often to make sure we were okay - I highly recommend doing this when you are on the Outer Banks!

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Mike F