“Best Day EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of OBX Biplanes

OBX Biplanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Offering flights over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina in an authentic WWII trainer, our T6 Texan warbird! Don't miss this experience to soar the skies in 'Sweet Sophia'. With flights from 15 minutes to an hour and room for one passenger, it's an opportunity of a lifetime!
Lancaster, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Day EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for some excitement while on vacation at OBX. We stumbled on a brochure for OBX biplanes and called to schedule a ride. Not only did we get a fantastic ride with stunning views, we got to ride along on some stunts. We felt completely safe and the ride was much more smooth than a rollercoaster. We will be back to OBX in August and you couldn't keep me away from this! Next time, I want to fly the plane...heh heh!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank EHarter

Asheville, North Carolina
“OBX Biplanes... the Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a great time!!! Larry is an excellent pilot we felt safe. The ride was an incredible experience my husband and I have never been in a biplane before. We knew a storm was rolling towards Manteo. The office crew was watching the weather Doppler and Larry just flew around the storm we landed, a wonderfully smooth landing, safe and sound and I think it was the most exciting flight I've ever had and would do it again in a minute. We loved it!!!

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The flight was an exhilarating experience and Larry was a excellent pilot. I had never been in a
biplane before and my girlfriend had never flown before. We both had an exceptional time. I can't wait to get back to OBX to fly with them again! It's money well spent if you want to make a memory that will last a life time.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Charles A
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pete and repeat! A new family tradition!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

OBX Biplanes is about YOU having fun, doing something you probably thought you'd never do. Our first experience...my wife and I were enjoying an early morning at our beach house. Pete flew over, dragging a sign. I suggested we do something out of the ordinary today. I had to twist my wife's arm just a bit, but we called for a reservation.

We were ready to commit the entire morning/afternoon to the trip, waiting around at the airport. But, no sooner had we arrived (Pete was right on time) and he was, "Hey, let's go flying!" No fuss, minimal instructions...We could tell Pete has down to a fine science. We instantly felt comfortable and safe. Up and away, an incredible flight over the piers and shipwreck sites, a few G's, and we were back WAY before lunch to tell our tale. Now, many flights later, all our kids and even our parents have enjoyed Pete's flights. Do yourself a favor - support a super local business while adding the "wow factor" to your next Nags Head visit. For us, it's a new family tradition!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank rvharris_hoo
Manasquan, New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I don't like to fly at all. My girlfriend loves it and I surprised her with a drive to the airport and the ride. I have to admit it was a blast and my girl friend said it was exhilarating.

Visited July 2012