“A Memory That Will Never Be Forgotten!”
Review of OBX Biplanes

OBX Biplanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Offering open cockpit biplane rides and tours over the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina! Our 1990 WACO biplane has room for two passengers, sitting side by side in the front cockpit, soaring over the beaches and past lighthouses and piers with the opportunity to view sea life and shipwrecks. A wide range of flights are available. Also offering flights in an original WWII T-6 Texan 'Sweet Sophia'! Don't miss the chance to fly in one of the most important aircraft in aviation history, please call for details.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I came to the Outter Banks with his family this year for vacation. It was our last day before we were leaving to go back home. Innitially, my boyfriend told me we were going parasailing which I was a little nervous about. When we got there, I found out we were going on a biplane ride...awesome! I was really excited about that, because I do love to fly. We were going to go on the ten minute ride but then decided to go on the twenty minute over the ocean. It was such a beautiful sight, and a beautiful day for it. When we were on the plane he pulled a ring out of his pocket and proposed to me! <3

2  Thank Melanie8389
"bodie lighthouse"
in 5 reviews
"birthday present"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I sent my husband and father in law on a ride like no other! Suited up like pilots they flew in an old fashioned biplane over OBX. Their pilot Pete was extremely safe and full of info. They loved it!

1  Thank MichiganMainejunkie
Reviewed June 23, 2012

For the past 2 years my family has been coming to the Outer Banks on vacation and each year we have taken biplane rides from OBX Biplanes. The first year, we decided to take the northern flight up the coast and this year we did the southern flight to Bodie Island Lighthouse. The entire staff are very friendly and our pilot Pete, what can we say he is awesome! He is very knowledgable and just an all around good guy. It is definately an experience of a lifetime and would highly recommend if you are in the OBX and looking for some real excitement, OBX Biplanes is the only way to go.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Larry and Steph were so accommodating for us. We came all the way from Columbia, SC just for the plane ride, and wanted to make a weekend out of it. My girlfriend got me the plane ride for my birthday and scheduled it for that Saturday. Unfortunately the weather was not in our favor, but they offered to take us up on the next day, no problem. Not to mention the next day was Easter. They knew we had traveled a long way and didn't let us leave empty handed even if it was Easter Sunday. The weather ended up being absolutely amazing and the view was great. Recommendation: if Larry asks for the wild or mild ride.....two thumbs up for WILD!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My mother and I visited OBX for a week in September and the recommendation for OBX Helicopters and Biplanes by the staff of a local coffee shop. We decided on the 30 minute biplane tour and it was one of the most amazing things we've ever done. Our pilot and the staff were absolutely fantastic, helpful and made the experience wonderful. We both decided the next time we're back at OBX we will definitely go on a tour with them again and will highly recommend anyone we know do the same thing. You won't regret the decision!!