“Finally! A REAL Latin American Restaurant on OBX”
Review of La Cabana Restaurant - CLOSED

La Cabana Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New restaurant in the Outer Banks of North Carolina serving Latin Central American Mexican food and local seafood favorites. Excellent food. Locals favorite. Lunch and dinner daily. Sunday brunch. Daily specials. Family owned.
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Just returned from a delightful lunch at La Cabana. The other reviewers were spot on--this is a treasure. The food is well-prepared, plentiful, and not at all expensive. I enjoyed the Chile Relleno and my wife had the pork tacos. I've never had a relleno with such a variety of fillings as this. And my wife raved about her tacos. The place has been redecorated from its past lives and it's a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff is warm and friendly, the service is prompt, and the menu selection is wide. At the entrance, there is a beer/wine bar with 6 or 8 seats, the main dining room has 8 four-tops and eight booths. We'll definitely be back again and again.

2  Thank OBXhawkeye

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Have eaten here twice now and loved it. The first night, I had the Chicken Chimichanga served with yellow rice and refired beans, reasonably prices. Very good. We had a meat and potatoes friend with us and he was able to get a steak with grilled shirmp, hand cut french fries and cole slaw. He was a happy man. The service was excellant, friendly and attentive. I was also amazed at what they have done with the space. The place had previoulsy been many different eateries and not very clean looking at any of them. Now it is fresh, clean and revamped. Looks brand new and very pleasing to the eye. I went again last night, taking my 83 year old mom and my visiting sister. Mom cannot eat spicy foods and was able to have a broiled flounder filet with cole slaw and pototo salad. She was in heaven. My sister asked to change a selection on the menu and have it her way. That was not a problem at all and no one even flinched about it. My sister travels a lot and has eaten in a lot of restaruants all over the place. She loved La Cabana! Forgot to mention the warm chips and freshly made salsa they bring to the table when you are first seated, yum! Oh, we also got dessert. Cannot remember the names, but something with 3 milk, peaches and more, very good and so was the Mandarian Orange cake. You should go. Beach people, you will love it too! Authenica Latin Ameriman cusine served in a family atmosphere.

2  Thank roanokeis
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I've been a couple of times to this restaurant. The first time was a very busy weekend night. The second was a slower mid-afternoon. Both time the food was great. We've had the taco salad, chicken quesadilla, chile rellenos and fish enchiladas. This would be like going to your hispanic grandma's house, I think. The staff was very friendly, prices are reasonable for this town.

2  Thank snippychick
Reviewed December 26, 2010

GREAT Food; GREAT and Prompt Service!!! Reasonably priced!

3  Thank Alex3278
Reviewed December 26, 2010

La Cabana has the BEST latin fare on the Outer Banks! I love the salsa and chesse dip! Everything on the menu is delicious but especially their steak tacos, shrimp tacos and their homemade desserts! The staff is friendly, professional and fast! La Cabana is a must go whether you are a local or a visitor - you will not be disappointed!

3  Thank sweetsugartree